Chapter 20

"Ooh, can we buy ice cream? I bet it'll be good!" Y/n grinned, clasping her hands as she stared at Emma and Mikey expectantly.

"N/n, it's cold right now." Emma deadpanned.

"No, but she's right! Ice cream is sure to make me happy right now with how good it is!" Mikey hummed, practically bouncing on the sole of his shoes.

Emma narrowed her eyes with a frown at the pair.

.
.
.

"Woohoo!" Y/n and Mikey chorused, marching out of the parlor as Emma trailed behind them.

"You two better pay me back. If you wanted ice cream, why didn't you bring money?" Emma pouted, then pressing her lips against her ice cream and licking it.

"Sorry. I didn't think about it. I'll pay you back for sure though." Y/n chuckled.

"You can pay her back for me, right?" Mikey said, patting the girl's shoulder.

"Huh? Why would I?" Y/n deadpanned.

"Because I'm you're handsome, wonderful, older-"

"You're only older by 25 minutes." Y/n rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, 25 minutes. I have lived longer than you." Mikey laughed before taking a bite of the girl's ice cream.

"Huh?! Mikey!" Y/n gawked.

"Hm! That's good!" Mikey smiled before licking his ice cream.

"You little-!"

"Okay!" Emma interrupted, nudging them with her elbow.

"Let's get going." She told them with a firm expression.

Seeing the expression on her face, the pair shared a glance before nodding and walking along with her.

"Jeez...You two really are siblings." Emma mumbled, staring at the pair.

"Hm?" The two looked back at her owlishly.

"I said that you two walk the same. And since you're wearing your uniforms...you look almost like the same person." Emma smiled.

"Huh? No way." The pair cringed, glancing at each other.

"Haha! See?" Emma laughed.

Y/n glared at Mikey before she quickly stepped back as Mikey moved to tackle her.

"Nuh-uh! Not today!" Y/n said, now trying to quickly finish her ice cream while Mikey chased her in circles.

'I shouldn't have said something...' Emma internally sighed.

Y/n suddenly tripped and Mikey paused, awkwardly staring at her fallen figure.

"Ouch..." Y/n mumbled, rubbing her forehead that was scraped.

"Oh jeez. Again, N/n?" Emma huffed.

"What?! This isn't my fault!" Y/n gaped, dumbfounded.

"If you weren't fooling around with Mikey, this wouldn't have happened." Emma frowned.

Y/n grumbled to herself, quietly mocking Emma as she stood up and dusted off her clothes.

"What'd you say?" Emma questioned, narrowing her eyes.

"...Nothing." Y/n said, glancing to the side.

"Thought so. Now hurry up. You still have to help me set up my new room decorations later, before you wander off with Mikey doing troublesome things." Emma said.

"Right. Onwards!" Y/n said, quickening her speed.

"Don't leave me behind!" Mikey huffed, quickly following after them.