Chapter 17

Y/n let out a slow breath, her hands shoved in her pockets as she walked alongside Hikaru.

"The weather's nice today. Not too hot and not too cold." She said.

"Yeah." Hikaru nodded. "By the way, where are we meeting up with Asahi again?"

"He said he'd treat us to dessert at some shop. We should be arriving soon." Y/n said, glancing around at the buildings.

Then, she perked up and pulled Hikaru along, entering a fine establishment. The two were almost immediately seated and the waiter handed them some menus before excusing themself.

"Hopefully he doesn't take too long." Y/n mumbled, scanning the options.

"He'll probably get here soon." Hikaru assured.

Ring!

The front door opened and the two leaned to the side of their seats to peek over at the entrance. There, Asahi arrived and he was speaking with a waiter who then nodded and beckoned him to follow.

"Hey, guys." Asahi smiled, taking a seat next to Y/n.

"Yo. Did you have any trouble getting here?" Y/n asked.

"Kinda." Asahi awkwardly chuckled while rubbing the back of his head.

"What was it?" Hikaru questioned.

"I accidentally ran into some lady and made her drop her groceries. I helped her pick them up and take them home. After that, I ran here as fast as I could." Asahi sweat dropped.

"Hm. That sucks." Hikaru said, brows slightly raised in amusement.

"Whatever." Asahi grumbled.

Soon enough, the trio ordered their food and drinks and began eating, the aroma automatically catching their attention as they grew excited about the food meeting their taste buds.

"Hmm!" Y/n smiled widely, chewing a bite of food.

"I kinda wish I ordered the most expensive item since Asahi's paying." Hikaru suddenly said.

"Tsk. You would've been stuck here washing dishes then 'cause I wouldn't have paid for it." Asahi scoffed.

"Sure." Hikaru simply smiled before resuming his eating.

"Hey, let me try a bite." Asahi told Y/n.

"Huh?" Y/n deadpanned. "You literally made fun of me when I chose this. Why do you want some now?"

"C'mon. I was just playing around." Asahi pouted.

"Hmph." Y/n pursed her lips, glancing from her dish to Asahi's.

"Only if you let me have a bite of yours." She offered.

"Deal!" Asahi nodded.

Y/n reached over and grabbed a decent portion of Asahi's food, munching on it with satisfaction.

Then, Asahi grinned widely and grabbed a big portion of Y/n's before quickly eating it as Y/n stared at him with disbelief.

"Excuse you...?!" She gaped.

"Hm?" Asahi raised a brow, holding back his laugh.

"Wow. So greedy of him." Hikaru commented.

"Right?!" Y/n said, nodding in an offended manner.

"C'mon, Y/n~ No need to be upset. I'll let you buy another one." Asahi said, giving her a lopsided grin as he patted her head.

"But I wanted this one." Y/n huffed, pointing at her dish.