Chapter One

Chapter One

A/N: Sorry about the shortness and randomness of this story. All non-canon include Alli Malfoy and the Misfits and any other non-canon next gen character. As stated in the summary, feel free to skip this horrendous part of my fanfic past.

----------------------------Alli Malfoy----------------------------

I, fifth year Allisha Elizabeth Malfoy walked beside my older brother Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy, in utter silence. I wasn't terribly excited to be going back to the dusty old castle, only to be ignored by most of my fellow Hufflepuffs, solely because I am a Malfoy. I often wish I had ended up in Slytherin, like my brother but, then I wouldn't have made friends with Kiley, Night, and Cameron.

It wasn't fair, why had I ended up in Hufflepuff House? Scorpius was in his Sixth year and was the star seeker for Slytherin House. I really hated being called Scorpius' kid sister and Little Malfoy. It was really starting to wear on my nerves. I mean I'm only a year younger! A fifteen year-old girl could only take so much. What I didn't know, is that I was about to have a very boy-crazy year.

"I see my friend. I will talk to you later Alli," Scorpius said, before walking through the crowd, as if he were air. I however, had a difficult time getting through the crowd that had parted for Scorpius but did not wait for me to go through. Elbows were hitting me in the ribs and feet were smashing my toes. It was going to be a very long year.

"Alli! Al! Come here!" called a familiar voice.

I smiled as I fought my way through the crowd, towards my bestfriend Kiley Harker. His long black hair flew behind him as he ran to me, his dark-blue eyes, alight with happiness at seeing me after a summer away.

Not far behind him, were my other two friends, Cameron Finch-Fletchly and Night Morningstar (She's an astronomy fanatic). Cameron was tallest in the group and did not need to speed up. A few steps behind, was Night, with her bright blue hair. Her eyes were like yellow wine, and she preferred Cameron's plain brown hair and eyes to any other boy, who would have loved to be in her company.

The three took turns in hugging me, as usual Kiley's hug was the longest, before we found an empty compartment together.

"So, are you excited Al?" Cam asked, while he fidgeted with the collar of his school robes. Who puts on their school robes before we even get moving? I ask you. Still, Cam is pretty one of a kind so you sort of have to get used to his "uniqueness" as Night so affectionately reminds me. God, they are a weird couple. Night and Cam won't confirm it but, Kiley and I had walked in on them snogging last summer. They don't know we saw them though and we won't say a thing. They'll tell us on their own time.

"Excited about what?" I asked, as I tried to flatten a piece if my fringe that won't stay down.

"To be going back to Hogwarts, of course. Honestly Alli, it's like you live on the planet Mental sometimes," Night says, as she peruses the copy of Wuthering Heights I had gotten her for Christmas last year. It's a strange Muggle book that I didn't really enjoy. I don't know how she could, it's probably due to the fact that she is utterly mad.

"Thanks alot, Norah," I say bitterly, calling Night by her given name. Did I mention she hates that name. I paid dearly for that as, she has a hefty kick. That's definitely going to leave a big bruise on my poor shin.

"You're welcome Allisha," she said, smiling bitterly at me. I love that girl. She really is a bit too violent, but I suppose that makes it right as, I am the normal one. Yes, Kiley is the overly nice pushover, Cam lives in his own little world and, as I mentioned already, my Nighty-Night is the violent tragedy/romance reading ballet dancer. Yep, ballet. We are a group of our own, the other Hufflepuffs think we are a strange bunch. Except my Quidditch teammates. Well, they probably say things behind my back as, I am a Malfoy. The most somewhat feared family in the wizarding world. I am rambling quite a bit, aren't I? Oh well, back to my story.

"So, who are we asking to the Welcoming Ball?" Cam said, still fidgeting with his collar.

"I don't know, well obviously I'm going to wait for a boy to ask me," I answer, as I rip open the package of Droobles Best Blowing Gum. Yum yum yum, what in bloody Voldemort's arse am I getting on about?

"Like who?" Kiley asks, suddenly becoming interested in his shoe laces.

"I don't know Kile, maybe a seventh year, I hope. Scorpius would cack himself," I said, smiling as vengeance filled my mind. Yes, I will get him back for scaring every boy close or even my age with more than friendship on his mind away.

The only problem now is, figuring out who'd be brave enough to date me. Someone who gives off that Bad Boy vibe. Yes....but who?

"I would say Matt Flint but, he's one of your brother's mates. Also, word in the corridors is, he's dating Lina Wood," Cam says, picking a piece of imaginary lint off of his tie.

"Hm..Well if you're going to go for a bad boy, better make it a bloke from Slytherin," Night says, pulling her hair out of her usual style.

"Oh, really? What makes you think my brother hasn't scared every Slythers bloke away from even asking me to borrow a quill?," I said, looking over at Kiley's face. Hmm, he looks like he just ate a vomit flavored Bertie Botts bean. Probably has as, he had the carton in his hand.

"Well, this is the first meeting for The Misfits and I am calling it to order," Cam says, in an unusually business-like tone.

"Okay, speak away Camerino," Kiley says, crossing sitting Indian style on the seat.

That's what we call ourselves, The Misfits. I know it's stupid, Scorpius says we took the name from some ancient Muggle rock band but, what does he know?

"Alright, I have called this meeting to say that it will be mine and Night's job to find you and Kiles dates to the dance. Seeing as Night and I are bestfriends and we don't like anybody, nobody whatsoever we always go together as friends. So, we will help you two find dates. You guys will not spend another school dance in the common room playing chess or exploding snap like you always do," Cam answered, sternly.

"Okay, then. Who do you have in mind Camsey?" Kiley says, somewhat unenthusiastically.

"I'm not sure Kiles, it's all really up to you? Who do you fancy?" Cam says, catching all of our attention. This should be interesting.

"I don't fancy anyone Cam. So, you can just forget about me going to the Welcoming Ball, like always. Al and I can just play Chess all night again," Kiley said, somewhat stubbornly. Cam and Night look at him quite skeptically before going about their own business. Night was once again immersed in her book and Cam was trying to smooth out some wrinkles on his robes.

Well, that was it for The Misfits' first meeting.