☆ afterword ☆

[Written October 2023]

So you have made it to the end.

As a writer, this means A LOT so thank you so much for finishing this journey, I hope it wasn't that excruciating. 

When you're a writer and a people watcher, most of your work becomes a fantasy reimagine of real life emotions and people.

That's pretty much what this book is.  A satirical reflection of life and people I knew by a 13 year old me with way too much bottled-up angst.  Plus some fanciful plot like blackmailing and fake-dating because that's what happens when your intrusive thoughts take over. 

But it's also a story of self-growth.  Growing out of the angst and hatred to be at peace with life and the world even though it gets pretty shitty sometimes.

With that being said, I won't be writing a sequel.

Whether Marnie and Theo do end up together, is for you to decide.

Anyways, thanks for sticking this far dear reader.  I love you all most ardently.

(Yes that was a Pride and Prejudice reference.)

I will now end this atrociously written afterword with the words of my long-time celebrity crush, Alex Turner at the 2014 Brit Awards: 

Invoice me for the microphone if you need to... *drops mic*

(I listened to A LOT of Arctic Monkeys while writing this book so this outro goes to them

(I listened to A LOT of Arctic Monkeys while writing this book so this outro goes to them.)