Episode 4: Running in the Dead

[Z-day +1 08:05 a.m.] ....

Day 1 has passed since the beginning of the apocalypse began and dead started attacking the living. A jet is seen flying in the air of Japan scanning the city for any survivors as it takes pictures of the streets. However, most of the streets are either surrounded by abandoned cars, destroyed buildings, or overrun by the undead.

Y/n and Rei are seen driving alongside the bridge as the jet fly pass them as it takes a picture of them both with Rei waving at the camera before continuing on.

Y/n: *thought* All that time I read about zombie apocalypse, I never expected to happen but at the same time it was bound to happen sooner or later. In other words, I already know now that this world has already ended. However, ......

Y/n started having flashbacks of the previous events, remembering how it started, the death of his friend, comforting Saya, the news broadcast, escaping the school, the bus incident with Shido and about last night.

Y/n: ....

Rei: Y/n? You haven't said anything.

Y/n: Sorry just remembering about last night. I notice if we keep moving, we'll probably see that same thing happen over and over.

Rei: Really? Yeah, you're right.

Y/n: Forget about it. Let's hurry.

They continue speeding off in the highway.

Y/n: *thought* Of course, I never forgot about it. The first day after the world came to an end, I was responsible for someone's death. I couldn't possibly forget that.

[Z-day 10:32 p.m.] ....

Rei and Y/n are seen looking over the city as they see the whole street overrun by the undead.

Rei: Do you think someone will come and help us?

Y/n: No, not with all this chaos going around the country.

Rei: But why? How can you say that?

Y/n: Remember the helicopters we saw from the school rooftop this afternoon? It's the same deal. No one can be bothered to help us. In fact, we might never at all.