Chapter 38 - Terms of Endearment

Two months later

Two months later.

I stare at Dahlia's sleeping form wishing I could just get out of this dress and go to bed with her.

"He's here." Catalina's voice sounds from behind me.

I take one last look at my beautiful daughter, and I give her a kiss before turning around. Catalina gives me a smile full of reassurance and I take it. I trust her but I always feel a little nervous when I have to part from my baby even if it's just for a few minutes.

I walk out the bedroom, closing the door behind me and following after Cat. It's not assured that she will be here all night since she can get a call at any time to go to the hospital, so my mother came over just in case.

"You look so beautiful, honey. The green really brings out your eyes and the red lips make you look even more beautiful." Mama pulls me into a big hug and then steps back to look at me from head to toe, approving of my outfit for the evening.

Eric asked me, more like demanded that I accompany him to a dinner for potential business partners that will invest in his company. I, of course, said yes and now I am here regretting it. I don't understand why he can't go alone. I hate with everything in me to be in his presence. I dread the day I have to live with him again.

"My life, you look as beautiful as ever." His voice sounds from the entrance, and I fight hard to not roll my eyes.

He walks toward me, and I have no choice but to let him hug me and give me a kiss on the temple.

"Irma, Catalina, good evening. Now if you'll excuse us, we have a dinner to get to." Eric very lightly smiles when looking at them.

"Have a good time and please take care of my daughter." Mama tells him with a smile.

"I would give my life for this beautiful woman, Irma." He looks at me with soft brown eyes and a small smile.

I feel disgusted.

"I'll be back later." I tell her and Cat who nod and with that I walk out the door with Eric immediately following behind me.

The chauffeur opens the door for me, and I thank him before getting in. I enjoy the millisecond of alone time I get before Eric gets into the car and sits right beside me. The rage and hate I feel at the thought of him just existing is unexplainable.

I suddenly feel him closer and then his arm is around me. I try to shake him off, but he doesn't let me and instead chuckles at my attempt.

"You don't understand how much I love you, Lucia. From a young age I knew we would end up together." He kisses me on the head as the car begins to move.

"From a young age I knew I wanted you as far away from me as possible." I reply causing him to laugh.

"You and I both know that it's not possible. You wouldn't be able to remove me from you if you would just let me show you how much I love and need you." He puts a hand on my leg put I push it off before he gets to move it any closer to places, I do not wish for him to touch.