Chapter 62 - Dahlia

I observe the way Lucia looks at the small pink dress in her hands

It is quite entertaining watching her shop for our daughter. Me and Dahlia are standing beside her as we patiently wait to see if she likes something or not. So many men would be bored out of their minds but not me. I like this because I have an excuse to just stare at the woman I love for long periods of time, and no one can say anything about it. Not even her.

I see the way she stares at the piece of clothing. She has a very focused look on her face, her eyebrows slightly furrowed. She then proceeds to look at the stitching very closely before finally deciding that she wants it. A small smile appears on her lips that I'm sure she doesn't notice but I do and it's lovely. She puts the small dress in the basket I am holding in one hand.

I then push the stroller following her to another section of the store where she now begins to look at warm and fuzzy coats.

Dahlia suddenly throws a toy but it only lands to the bottom of her feet. It catches my attention, and she smiles at me. I take the little glittery light purple bunny teething toy and I put it in one of her hands except she lets go of it immediately to take hold of my fingers.

"You want some of my attention too, don't you little flower?" My low tone of voice makes another smile on her small, beautiful face.

I see her teeth are coming in and it makes me feel proud but also a bit emotional. I don't know why but I guess seeing her get older is not something I expected to see happen so soon. I just got her and now before I know it, she will be an adult with her own life. It's quite bittersweet to be a father but it is also one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. I would give my life and do anything for this little girl, and she doesn't even know it.

"Ti amo così tanto, mia piccola fioretta." I lower my head to give her a kiss on that tiny hand of hers.

"I'm done now." So much weight is suddenly put into the basket I am holding.

I turn to see that my sunflower put a lot more clothes inside it. I was distracted for one second. I don't know how she managed to get all of that.

__

I wanted to take my girls to Lucia's sunflower field but apparently there aren't any sunflowers right now. My fiancée said that it's not the season but now we're at the beach. It's not very cold at the moment although we're in the middle of winter.

We're going to try and help Dahlia practice walking. Lucia said it would be good to do it at the beach in case she falls. The sunflower field was my first option because there is grass there and she also wouldn't have gotten hurt if she were to have fallen but I think the beach might be fine.

I'm standing with my daughter watching the ocean waves as Lucia finishes setting up a towel. I smile pretending to understand Dahlia as she blabbers while pointing to the waves coming toward us. I'm sure she is telling me something interesting although I think this is the first time she has ever seen the ocean.