Chapter 63 - The Perfect Wedding

Just as I hand Dahlia her bottle my phone begins to ring

Knowing who it is I pick it up with a smile on my face. I can't help that it just naturally appears when I see my fiancé's name displaying on the screen. I haven't seen him in a few hours, and I already miss him like I haven't seen him in years.

"Yes?" I answer, anticipating hearing the sound of his deep voice.

I put the sound on speaker so that Dahlia can hear him too. She doesn't want to go to sleep yet and maybe the sound of her father's voice will help.

"Amore, you don't know calm my body feels and how fast my heart beats at the sound of your precious voice." My heart beats fast at his sweet words.

Dahlia smiles while staring at the phone. She reaches her small hands out for it.

We are spending the night in my childhood bedroom at my parents' house. They wanted this to be traditional and Ace and I decided to go along with it. Tomorrow is the wedding, and my man doesn't get to see me until I am walking down the aisle toward him.

"Face time me." He demands.

I face time him and he answers in an instant. Dahlia's excited face is all he is able to see. It brings a big and beautiful smile to his face.

"Hello princess." He speaks to her. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

She begins blabbering as if she is responding. When she has finished, I decide to translate what I am sure she could have said.

"I'm sure it is because she wanted to see her father first." My words continue making him smile.

I try not to lose my mind at the way he looks. His hair is messy, he is shirtless, and lying in bed. His voice sounds tired because of how late it is but I know him well enough to know he wasn't going to go to sleep without calling first. How I wish to be in that bed beside him and maybe on him too.

"Sunflower, I want to see you too, amore." His words break me out of my thoughts before they became too inappropriate.

I move the phone so that he sees me and Dahlia. I see the way his eyes light up. The small action that I'm sure he isn't aware of sends a stroke of warmth throughout my body. I love him so much.

"That's better. I want to see both of my girls." He looks between me and our daughter.

"You're both so beautiful. I hope you know how precious you both are to me. There won't be a day where I don't love you." His voice is low, his words are lovely.

"We love you too, Ace. You mean the world to us." I tell him with all seriousness.

"I don't think I'll be able to sleep without you in my arms, sunflower." He informs me and I roll my eyes.

"You better sleep. I don't want you to be tired tomorrow." I try to be serious with him.

"It would be a shame if we rescheduled our wedding night because you're too tired." I cover Dahlia's ears as I whisper. One with my hand and the other with my chest.