New Ground.

" So, you sure about this Ly?"
" yeah babe... it's time"
" I'm not really comfortable with you being alone with him."
"he's not going to hurt me"
" how you know that?! You was pregnant with his fucking baby and he put his hands on you... when you was his wife!"
" I know,... I know-" it sent chills through me, to recall how much it hurt to know he could do that. I thought about it every day, it was the reason I ended things once and for all. I remembered what it was like to see my dad shout in my mums face when I was younger, anticipating something I finally saw for myself.
" I'm not going to see him... Sandi will take him to meet his dad, so I'll be fine, it's time now...he needs to meet him... he is his baby,"

" Do you want me to come? I can wait outside when you hand him off to her"" what you think she's gonna jump me too!?"" no, Lylee, I'm being serious"" i know, I'm sorry

" what you think she's gonna jump me too!?"
" no, Lylee, I'm being serious"
" i know, I'm sorry... I just know..., I'm not going to see him... Sandi will take him...to meet his dad" he was just now accepting the fact he wasn't the baby's dad, and I could see that was conflicting with the attachment he formed with the baby before they were born.
" yeah... okay... don't know why we can't just wait for your mum to be better, since she loves him so much" he was jealous of the families familiarity and support of my ex husband and it was clear to more than just me now.

"we have to learn how to get along... for the kids"
" you just had the baby Ly! You shouldn't be stressing about proving shit to him!"
" I'm not..."
" you are... I heard you on the phone to your mum"
" she's just obsessed with him... it's like I'm not her daughter and he's her son"
" what did she say"
" she said he broke down crying and it broke her heart"
" she loves you... both of you...you guys have...history..."
" she's just obsessed with him... it's like he's her kid not me "
" why you say that?"
" she said he broke down crying and it broke her heart, that she had to leave him there "
" she loves him... both of you...you guys have...history..." he was looking at me like he wanted to say something else so I finished his point for him to clarify.

" we have children, our relationship is in the past...and she knows that! I don't like the fact she keeps talking to him"
" talking about you?"
" look I don't wanna talk about it..."
" what was your mum saying Ly?"
" she said she wishes we worked things out... and he needs his wife" he was angry, recognised he was competing for my families acceptance against a man I didn't care to have any more.
" damn..."
" Damson...it doesn't matter what they say, I don't wanna talk about it anymore"
" you know I got you, and the kids... right?" His hands on my chin and neck as he kissed me and I let him.
" I know baby... and I can't wait to move on with our lives" his eyes heavy and brown, like his hands on my waist until he brought me into him. Lightly pulling me, as he picked his words as wisely as he could.
" we have moved on!? We're engaged and, he's always going to be their dad... but he's not going to cross the line, no one is"
" my mum knows that"

 but he's not going to cross the line, no one is"" my mum knows that"