30. pissed off mate

"Zack"

I whispered unable to utter any other word. For a while, I was frozen on the spot only hearing the increasing beat of my heart. Our skin that touches has no spark, but its warmth was making its way through my senses.

I am so sure that I still feel no mate bond pull, the pull described in the book, that can urge a werewolf of wanting an intense intimate gesture towards its mate.

Kira my wolf can feel a slight pull but not that intense, as we are one, and I being an outsider soul here in the novel was totally incapable of feeling the mate bond. I was an exemption to the rule.

So I cannot understand myself.

'Why? I was so sure I was fine a while ago. I mean, yes... I occasionally think of him.. of that small attraction kira and I have for him. But I swear I was doing so fine without seeing him for months. So why does my heart beat messing up my brain now?'

He then pulled me closer beside him. And I didn't know how my heart was capable of increasing its beating two times more, as if I was meeting my crush for the first time. I hate the effect he has on me, but I was to dazed into this tempting beauty to react. Is this how it feels to be seduced by the devil?

Once again, I was pulled into the depth of those beautiful eyes full of longing. How I missed those eyes. I didn't even realize I was holding my breath staring at him.

I was pulled back into reality when I noticed Grace and Mimi peeping with teasing faces on the now rolled down car window. Then turned my head when I heard Rohan.

" Ashia are you alright? Is there any problem here?"

I look at the frowning Rohan who was now standing at my left side, looking displeased and confused. He was asking me but his eyes were looking alternately between the man on my right side and the hand who was holding mine.

" She is very fine. Why woudnt she be?" My mate spat.

Zack pulled me again but this time he placed me to his back and shield his big body against mine, so he was between me and Rohan.

Zack returned Rohan's gaze with fierce and annoyed expression.

I saw how my friends made an 'Oh!' Expression as they watch the intense staring contest between the two males with amusement.

" ahem.. ahem...ahem." I faked a cough to break the tense aura that suddenly loomed over us.

" do you know him?" Rohan asked, still not moving his eyes from Zack's intense gaze.

"Ahm..Yeah I know him.. He-"

" what is it to you who I am? I was the one who should be asking that... Who. Are. You?"

Zack fiercely said in a pissed off tone,
Accentuating the last question.

Instead of answering. Rohan turned to look at me, then looked at my hand that made Zacks grip tighter.