Chapter 35: Lost

It's 6 pm. Mattheo is waiting at the lake for Michelle. It seems that she comes a bit late. That's not typical for her. At least not when Mattheo and Michelle wanna meet. He starts to worry and locks nervously at the time.
He gets a bit more nervous and worried as minutes pass. He looks at his watch, and he gets annoyed.
'Why is she not here yet? Did something happen?' He thinks. He taps his foot on the ground and starts walking a bit back and forth.
1 hour later, she still isn't there. Mattheo decides to search for Prof. Snape. He was the last that had seen her, probably. She did extra work for him.

He sees Professor Snape walking the courtyard, and he runs quickly towards him.
"Professor Snape, i need you to tell me something." He says this, trying to be calm, but my heart is beating fast.
"It's about Michelle Black." He says this in a serious but panicked tone.
Prof. Snape answers, "Mr Riddle. What do you wanna know?"
Mattheo looks at him, trying to be a bit calm
"She was supposed to be here an hour after class was over, so like an hour ago... but i don't know where she is. Maybe you know?" He is trying to hide his panic, but it is not working that well, Snape will notice it.
Snape: "I thought you should know best where your girlfriend is."
He swallows the hard truth even though his mind is going crazy as he is still trying to process his fear, and he doesn't know what to do. He looks into Snape's eyes as he answers, "Professor, i swear i don't have an idea of where she is. We had a date, and the plan was to meet right after class. But she is not here." He is trying to hold back tears as he doesn't know what to think. All the bad thoughts come to his mind.
Snape thinks for a moment and rolls his eyes, and says, "And now? I don't care in the least that your girlfriend stood you up, Mr. Riddle."
Mattheos' heart beats out of his chest as tears start falling from his eyes, and his heart is pounding even harder.
"I... i know you don't care. But you are the last one to see her. I am sorry for wasting your time and bothering you, but i just need to know what happened to her." He says this as his voice shakes.
Prof Snape thinks again, taking Mattbeo on his shoulder. "Follow me, Mr Riddle."
It seems that Snape is helping him. They come to Michelles Dorm. And there's a message on her desk from Voldemort.
Mattheo sees the letter, and his eyes get filled with fear. 'What has happened to her? Did Voldemort kidnap her? Why does it have to be him?' He looks at the letter, and his hands are shaking uncontrollably as he reads it in silence.
He lets out a loud and painful groan of despair as he holds the letter, shaking a lot.
"It says... it says that Voldemort kidnapped Michelle." He cries loudly and looks at Snape, who is staring at him, trying to process this new information. He looks at him again with a pleading look.
"I have to save her, please help me. Don't tell anyone, please. Just help me..." his voice is filled with panic, fear, and emotion.

Prof. Snape knows now what happened. "Voldemort wants you to come to him? Isn't true, Mr Riddle? I know who you are. You are his son, and he wants you to join him. that's why he kidnapped your little girlfriend."
Mattheo looks at him in shock, but he knows that he is right. Voldemort kidnapped Michelle to lure him to the Shrieking Shack. Now, it all makes sense.
"Yes." He says this in a quiet, tense voice. His heart is beating as fast as it can, and he is trembling intensely.
"I need to make a plan." He says this with a determined look on his face. "No matter what you think about me, Michelle needs my help, and i won't let her down." He looks at him with a stern look on his face.
"In this point, we both agree. But don't do anything stupid now. We have to think this through." He again takes Mattheo by his shoulder, and they go to the Potions Classroom thinking about how to save her.

In the meantime, Michelle wakes up in a dark spot. She can't remember what happened to her. She can barely move and is chained. She looks in the corner, there is a dark siluette staring at her, it's Voldemort.