Into the Snake Den Part II

Natsai was waiting for us at a table when we finally made it to the Three Broomsticks. It felt nice to do something normal with friends after the chaotic start to my year. I knew this period of calm in the storm wouldn't last forever, so I wanted to make the most of it.

I found my place in between Ominis and Garreth, with Sebastian sitting across from Ominis, Imelda across from me, and Natsai across from Garreth. As Sirona approached our table with six butterbeers, I caught Sebastian wink at me and I smiled.

"Cheers, to new friends and a prosperous fifth year at Hogwarts!" Garreth led off the cheers.

"Well said, Garreth! And to Arabella- you may have just joined us this year, but it feels like you've always been here. To our adventures!" Natty added after Garreth.

Ominis and Seb just smiled at me. I felt lucky that I had found such great friends after only a few weeks at school.

"You Gryffindors are so sentimental! Thank you, truly. Now, let's drink!" We all clanked our glasses and took our first sip. Garreth's blue eyes were on me fervently as I sipped.

"So, what do you think?" He asked.

"It's amazing! I'm not sure how I got on all these years without it, but I'm glad I won't have to go without it ever again!" I lied through my teeth.

"I knew you'd love it! I don't think I've ever seen someone drink their first butterbeer. I'm honored."

Sebastian rolled his eyes and I kicked his shin under the table. Merlin forbid I had any other friends aside from him.

We all talked and laughed for what seemed like hours, enjoying each other's company. At one point, Garreth dared Sebastian to eat a red hot bean and smoke literally exploded from his nose and ears. I laughed so hard I spit my butterbeer all over Imelda and she nearly hexed me until Natty cleaned her off with a quick drying spell.

"Ok, the next round is on me!" Everyone erupted in cheers as I moved to scoot out of the booth past Garreth. I nearly tripped, but he caught my hips to steady me. His hands were strong and sturdy as they gripped me, and I blushed under his touch. No one else seemed to catch the moment between us. I glanced over my shoulder once I was clear of the booth and met Garreth's gaze. As soon as I caught his gaze, he averted his eyes and pretended to look anywhere else. His face was bright red and it made me smirk, knowing what I did to him.

"Hello, dear. You lot look like you're having a great time."

"We are, thank you Sirona. Quite the contrast to the first time I was here."

"I'm so sorry about that. Victor Rookwood is a vile disgrace to wizardkind. Believe it or not we attended Hogwarts at the same time. He always had one hand in the dark arts until he went fully rogue during his seventh year. One day he was in class, and the next, gone. I hadn't heard his name again until he started committing crimes and popping up in the Daily Prophet. The first time I saw him again was when he came in to confront you."

"Wow. I had no idea he went to Hogwarts. Do let me know if you hear any more about him or Harlow, Sirona. It would help me greatly."

"I will, dear. Actually, there's someone I think you should meet who may be able to help in your quest for answers against Ranrock. He's a goblin named Lodgok. I trust him entirely, just let him know I sent you. I'd vouch for him any day."

"Thank you Sirona, truly. I feel like you're one of the only people who understands me as of late. I greatly appreciate your help, and I'd be more than happy to meet with your friend. Just let me know when and where."

"I'll send you an owl with a time and location. For now, how about I send you back with some firewhiskey for you and your friends? But that stays between us, and you didn't get it from me." She winked at me.