Chapter 4: Fireflies- 3x3

Scott teams up with an expert werewolf hunter to track down Boyd and Cora, Allison reveals a dark secret, Stiles makes an unsettling discovery about the recent murders, and Chloe pushes herself to a breaking point.

Third Person POV

Chloe is standing there, her fingers clinging to the back of Derek's shirt as her face hides against his chest while he holds her. Erica chuckles as she appears next to them, "As cute as you two are and as much as I love seeing it, I'm technically still here." She sighs.

The Witch slowly pulls from Derek's hold, his hands resting on her hips, "My magic is just getting weirder and weirder." She groans, running her hands over her face, "I miss the days when all I could do was move things with my mind." She complains jokingly.

"No shit your magic is weird." Erica comments, "You got a green wolf around you."

Her Alpha boyfriend gives her a confused look, "What is it?" He asks her worriedly. She sighs looking at Erica's ghost next to them Derek follows her line of sight, not seeing anything, "Babe?" He asks, not understanding.

Chloe looks back at him, "Erica's ghost is here. And apparently she can see the wolf thing I have going on."

"You see ghosts now?" He questions in disbelief, raising an eyebrow.

She rolls her eyes, "I have no clue what I can do anymore. I couldn't even get past the Mountain Ash." She sighs tiredly. "Can you help me get her out of the closet?" She asks, "She doesn't want to be in there anymore." Giving Erica a small smile.

He nods, "This is so weird." He mumbles to himself, wiping his face as he steps past Chloe and into the closet to Erica's body. "Chlo!" He calls out from the tiny room.

Chloe rushes into the room and sees the injuries that killed the Beta as she kneels down next to Derek. Erica's ghost appears behind them, "Who did this to you?" She asks the Beta.

Derek gives her a confused look before realizing she's talking to Erica's ghost, "That's gonna take a minute to get used to." He mumbles to himself.

"One of the Alphas... I don't know her name but she's a bitch." Erica answers with a slight chuckle.

"Kali." Chloe realizes.

Erica continues, "She let me bleed out in the vault before dumping me in here; I haven't been able to leave the building since."

Chloe nods, "You're still— for lack of a better word— attached to your body. You can't leave the building you died in. Normally when a spirit is trapped they don't have their body near them, they become tied to an object or a feeling or even the location itself." She looks to Derek, "Move her carefully."

"You really think you can bring her back?" He asks, carefully lifting Erica's body at the two steps out of the room.

Erica startles Chloe when she appears in front of them, blocking their path, "You can bring me back to life?!" She asks, shocked.

"I'm certainly going to try, Hun." Chloe nods as Erica disappears and reappears leaning against the wall, "If you want...?" She asks Erica, "If not, I can help you cross over to the Spirit World... but either way we need to hurry."

Erica scoffs, "I'm sixteen, I still have shit to do. Bring me back!" She yells excitedly.

Chloe nods, "I'll do my best." She smiles, turning to face Derek, "Give her to me, I'll take her. You have to go find Boyd and Cora." Holding out her arms.