Chapter 3: Chaos Rising- 3x2

Third Person POV

Allison and Lydia are driving down the road in Allison's car while Lydia is tracing around her bruises with a pen, "I don't know... It doesn't look like much to me..." Lydia says skeptically, as Allison is glancing between the bruises and the road ahead.

"It's a pattern. It means something." Allison tells her.

"You really think Scott's gonna know what it is?" Lydia asks.

"No, but he might know someone who does." Allison answers with a sigh.

"How are you so sure that it means anything at all?" Lydia asks.

Allison glances at her, "Because that girl wasn't just looking for Scott— it's like she needed to find him, like, she had to, and that means something." She explains.

Scott and Stiles are walking down the sidewalk in the suburbs on their way to a party, "What?" Stiles asks Scott.

"What do you mean, 'what?'?" Scott asks, confused, following him.

"I mean 'what', and you know what." Stiles says.

Scott just gets more confused, " 'What' what?" He asks.

"That look you were giving!" Stiles groans.

"I didn't give a look..." Scott mumbles defensively.

"Oh, there was a distinct look, Scott." Stiles informs him.

"What look???" Scott questions exasperatedly.

"The look that says the last thing you feel like doing right now is going to a party!" Stiles answers.

Scott sighs, "It's not that... It just seems weird, going to a different high school's party..."

"What? Would you..." Stiles groans, "God, one drink, all right? You'll be fine! I went to nursery school with this girl, okay? She promised to introduce us to all of her friends. So, tonight, no Allison, no Lydia. Tonight, we're moving on." He says, getting excited, while Scott checks his phone seeing a missed call from Allison.

He quickly puts it away, "You're right." He nods.

"That's right I'm right!" Stiles says, being dramatic.

"Moving on." Scott nods as the two stop by a driveway.

"Onward and upward!" Stiles adds, keeping his dramatic flare.

"Let's do this." Scott nods.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Stiles jumps up in his spot, holding his arm up for a high five which Scott gives him, before they walk to the door.

"How's my breath smell?" Scott whispers.

"I'm not smelling your breath." Stiles answers impatiently.

"Do you have any gum?" Scott asks frantically.

"No! No gum! You're fine!" Stiles groans.

"Can you at least tell me what kind of party this is?" Scott asks as they get inside.

"It's my birthday!" They hear a drunken Heather yell out to her group of friends as they do a toast.

After everyone takes their drinks she leans over to her friend and whispers something. "Okay." Her friend agrees, stepping away from the group.

"Tonight." Heather tells her.

"Really? Tonight?" Her friend asks, unsure.

"Yeah." Heather nods.