Chapter 12: Alpha Pact- 3x11

With the threat growing far more personal and time running out on innocent lives, Scott is forced to make a difficult choice in order to save both friends and family. While at the same time, Derek, Chloe Peter try to figure out how to save Cora's life. And Chloe realizes the past hasn't been put to rest yet.

Third Person POV

~Previously~

Scott is a few feet ahead of them in the main hallway, he stops at the elevator seeing Derek passed out on the floor before looking up and seeing the service hatch in the ceiling is open and immediately runs for the stairs, "Scott!" Stiles calls out, "Scott, wait!" He yells, stopping only for a moment when he sees Derek.

"Go!" Chloe pushes him towards the stairs, "Go, I got Derek." She whispers, staring down at her boyfriend, listening the Stiles run up the stairs.

~Now~

Chloe drops down to her knees next to Derek in the elevator, "Derek?" She questions quietly, listening for his heartbeat. When she finally does hear it she lets go of the breath she's been holding. "Derek!" She yells a bit louder, "Babe, wake up!" She shakes him. He doesn't react. "What am I gonna do with you?" She asks herself before remembering something:

When Derek's eyes open Chloe finally feels like she can breathe again, he starts to look around but when he sees her he relaxes and slowly moves to sit up, "That sounds... What was it?" He asks weakly. Alan holds up the whistle and smirks. Derek scoffs and rolls his eyes, looking over at Chloe, "And you were totally fine with that?" He asks, offended.

"You were passed out so yes!" She snaps, picking up her jacket off the floor, "Don't do that again." She grumbles, 'accidentally' hitting him in the back of the head with the jacket.

"Okay, new rule: Next time I'm passed out just kiss me." He tells her.

She gives him a questioning look, raising an eyebrow, "So... just do the same thing I do to wake you up in the morning? Got it." She nods, a smile on her face.

She lets out a sad sigh at the memory, that moment alone feels like a whole lifetime ago. "For the record..." She shakes the memories from her mind, "...if this doesn't work, I will leave your sorry ass here and go get a dog whistle from my Dad." She tells him with a light chuckle, knowing full well he can't hear her.

After glancing out of the elevator and down the hallway to make sure no one's coming before leaning down and gently pressing her lips to his. It only takes a few moments for him to wake up and kiss her back, just like he does every morning when she wakes him up.

The moment she feels his hand move to her cheek and hold her face she pulls back, leaning into his touch, "That's the first time you've kissed me since Jennifer did." He points out with a small smile.

"Yeah... now I feel like I need a few hundred bottles of mouthwash." She complains only half joking as her thumb gently wipes across his bottom lip and her free hand falls into his. "I lo—" She starts but is cut off.

The reality of everything quickly hits him now that he's conscious and his eyes widen in panic, "Where is she? Where's Jennifer?" He asks as Stiles comes rushing down the stairs and finds them.

"Guys! Jennifer! She's gone!" He says anxiously, clearly out of breath from running the stairs.

"We know." Chloe points out the obvious, gesturing around the otherwise empty elevator and open hole in the ceiling from the service hatch.