Chapter 5: Unleashed- 3x4

While Scott tries to keep Isaac from engaging in a deadly confrontation with the Twins in school, Stiles attempts to prove his theory that the killings have nothing to do with werewolves all with the help of Chloe while she tries to be everywhere at once to keep Derek from being trapped under an intense and unknown spell.

Third Person POV

Over the next four days that Chloe is in the hospital to get her sleep schedule back on track so she can more easily use her magic again, Derek goes from cuddling with her in the hospital bed as she slept, just like he has every night they've been together- to barely spending five minutes in the room with her, unable to even look at her. Eventually, getting tired of it, Chloe finally convinces Melissa to let her leave. "Are you sure you're okay?" Melissa asks as Chloe pulls on her leather jacket.

"Yes." Chloe groans, having answered the same questions six times in the last ten minutes, running her fingers through her hair. "I know my magic, besides—" She glances at Derek as he leaves the room to get the car, "I have a bad feeling things are just getting started."

"What does that mean?" Melissa asks, following her gaze to the door.

Chloe shakes her head, "I don't know... yet." She says, before realizing Derek isn't coming back in to get her and she has to walk out on her own.

She steps out of the building and sees him waiting for her in the running car, "Let's go, Chloe." He says sharply, his tone like knives to her heart.

Without a word she climbs into the front passenger seat, immediately reaching for his hand like she always does when they ride in the car, he pulls away from her grip just as quickly as she reaches for it, not giving her a second glance. And they head to the Loft to see Cora, Isaac, and Boyd that have been staying there the last few days given Derek has been staying in the hospital with Chloe. "We really going to tell them?" He asks, almost scaring her after all the dead silence as they walk to the Loft door.

She nods hesitantly, "They have a right to know that she's alive." Pulling the door open. Hearing the door open Boyd, Isaac, and Cora immediately stand up, startled by the sound. "Hey guys." She smiles.

"Chloe...?" Boyd asks in disbelief as a smile forms on his face while he walks towards her.

"Hi Bud." She whispers with a nod, before he hugs her tightly.

Boyd starts tearing up, "I'm sorry..." He mumbles, "I'm sorry..."

"Everything's okay, it's not your fault." She tells him, reassuringly.

He pulls from the hug, "How is everything okay? Erica is dead..." He says, upset and irritated.

"Actually..." Chloe smiles, earning a confused look from the three Betas, "Take a ride with me." She tells the three of them before turning to Derek, "Can I have the keys to the car?"

He rolls his eyes, handing her the keys. "Where are we going?" Isaac asks heading for the door, Boyd and Cora following.

"You'll see." Chloe smiles, opening the door, allowing the three to walk out ahead of her, "And you..." She turns to look at Derek as her smile drops, "...I don't know what's gotten into you the last four days, but you need to get your head outta your ass." She warns him, "...I miss my boyfriend. I miss my Derek." Her voice is quiet and full of sadness before walking out.

The four of them head to the car and Chloe drives them to the Hideout, "What is this place...? I've never been here." Cora wonders, looking through the front window at the building.