chapter 10

Later that day, we all went to Medda's. She has such a beautiful voice.

Crutchy and I were singing at the top of our lungs along with the other Newsies

Crutchy and I were singing at the top of our lungs along with the other Newsies. Jack brought David, Les, and Sarah with 'em. I think Jack has a crush on Sarah. I see the way he looks at her.

Then, Spot walks into the joint with a smile on his face. He gets on stage with Jack. They talk for a minute and then Spot walks towards me.

"Hi, sweet cheeks. How's your day goin'?" He smiled.

"Fine. You?"

"Great, now that I've seen you." He messes with the key around my neck.

"You haven't told Jack yet? Have ya?" He sighed.

"No. I will." I take the key and tuck it into my dress.

Spot nods and goes back on stage. The boys are talkin' about making Pulitzer and Hearst listen to our demands. That we have to stick together.

They all agreed, spit in their hands, and shook on it. Spot walked back to the table that I was sitting at.

"So, you just gonna soak everyone that doesn't join ya?" I asked.

"Guess so." He winked at me.

I saw David run up to Jack and whisper somethin' in his ear. I looked around, and then I saw Snyder, the warden who locked up kids.

"Oh no! It's Snyder. He's the warden, " I told Spot.

His face got pale, "We gotta go! Now!"

"Wait what about Jack!" I yelled.

A swarm of police officers started to arrest kids and beat them up. "I don't know but we gotta go." Spot pulled me through the crowd.

I ran until I saw a police officer punchin' Crutchy.

"Crutchy!" I ran at the police officer and threw a punch at him. He stepped back but came at me again. I punched him in the stomach but he grabbed me and Crutchy.
"Leave them alone!" Spot almost punched him right in the face but another police officer grabbed him before he could. As the officers dragged us out, I saw someone punch Jack backwards. He fell onto a sea of officers and David tried to grab him. It was no use. The officers had won.
The officers had thrown us into the back of a police carriage with a few other newsies.