Special Chapter 4

Cave

I stood in the middle of the room. Nagbaba ako ng tingin sa tablet na hawak at pinakatitigan iyon. This will make me less worried. There are cameras around the house. In this way, mamomonitor ko ang ginagawa ng asawa. I can't read her mind. I'm scared that she'll leave me one of these days. So it's better to keep an eye on her.

"Von, keep the securities updated. If my wife goes out, make sure to go with her whenever I'm not around. If you lose sight of my wife, I'll kill you."

I closed my eyes and remembered when I once thought she escaped.

"Where's my wife?"

I could only look around while whispering to myself. Nagising ako na wala na sa tabi ang asawa. Nagmadali ako sa paglapit sa closet at naibsan ang kaba nang makitang naroon pa ang kaniyang mga gamit.

"Von, where's my wife?"

"I haven't seen your wife around, Sir."

"Where the fuck is my wife?!"

Dumagundong ang aking boses sa loob ng kabahayan. I don't give a damn about how I sound or look right now, my priority is my wife's whereabouts.

"Sir-"

"Fuck you! Ang sabi ko bantayan niyo ang asawa ko! Go and find my fucking wife you dumbass!"

They immediately went into action. Pinagtitinginan na ako ng mga kasambahay. I don't give a damn! I need to see my wife.

I picked my phone from my table and dialed Chivan's number. Wala sa sariling napalingon ako sa kama. A picture of my sleeping instantly popped in my head. I brushed it off when I felt uneasy inside. She is not leaving me. Wala siyang karapatan. Hindi ko siya binigyan ng karapatang iwan ako. Not now, not tomorrow, not ever.

"You called. Something's up?"

"It's my wife."

Sumipol ito sa kabilang linya. "You called because of your wife? It's a no surprise but-"

Naglakad ako palabas ng teresa. "Chivan, send a whole goddamn battalion all around the country. My wife is missing."

"So this is why. Are you sure your wife loves you? O baka one-sided lang 'to? Sinungaling ka pala, Cross."

"Fuck you, Chivan."

Bumalik ako sa loob. I can only sigh and get mad for being stupid. It could've been prevented if I woke up early. But I was tired. Damn. It's not enough reason not to wake up early.

We found her at the back of the house. Sa puno ng mangga. She was there waiting for everyone to notice that she's there. Iyon pala, hindi na marunong bumaba. Ang lakas ng loob na umakyat. Imbes na kumalma ay mas lalo yatang nadagdagan ang kaba ko. In just a snap, she could leave me and I wouldn't notice. Hindi pwedeng mangyari 'yon. Hindi ko hahayaan.

Installing a camera is the best solution for me. Having the airports and ports monitored will also be a big help to me monitoring my wife. Hindi siya aalis sa bansang ito ng hindi ko nalalaman.

Fuck everything. She is not going to leave my side.

Hindi ko siya pinapasundan. Panatag ako na hindi siya makakaalis. I can track her everywhere if she's here. I can track her phone. Everything.

I remembered when she called to tell me she's going to give my lunch to my butler.

"Anong ginagawa mo ngayon?" she softly asked.

I wanted to tell her that I am watching her through the cameras I installed.

"Working, wife."

"Did I disturb you?"