Mother knows best

It was the weekend and Mark (Y/N) had decided to come visit his parents house for dinner. He had always remembered to visit his family despite his busy schedule.

He had arrived early on in the evening as he had finished work in the morning.

"Mom what are you cooking?" He asked.

"I'm making your favourite tofu kimchi soup with some pork cutlets and a few of some side dishes you like." She answered, turning around from the stove top with a spatula in hand.

"You haven't had homemade food recently right?" She questioned, she knew her son never cooked. Well, he can't cook.

He immediately paused as he remembered the other night. That night Hanni made him one of the best meals which made him fall even more head over heels.

"I have actually." He blurted out.

"Hm? By who? You can't cook?" She flamed her son.

"Mom!" He complained with a pout.

"My friend cooked for me." He answered plainly trying not to make anything obvious.

"Which friend? One of your members?"

"No just a friend." He replied avoiding his mother's suspicious gaze.

His mother stayed silent for a moment before turning back around, stirring her pot of soup.

The silence was loud.

"Have you found anyone dear?" His Mom asked breaking the silence. He already knew what she was referring to.

She was always like this every time he came over.

On a hunt to see if he got a girlfriend.

She desperately wanted a daughter for the longest time and out popped two sons.

Now it's her life's mission to make her two sons bring home her daughter in law.

"Mom... Not this again..." He sighed plopping down on the kitchen bench.

"Is there really no one?" She asked again.

He paused for a moment, fidgeting on the glass in front of him refusing to answer.

"THERE IS SOMEONE!?" She exclaimed excitedly widening her eyes, wriggling in joy.

He couldn't help but break into a grin, quickly rubbing his hands over his face to hide it.

"Oh my god Mark, you have a girl don't you, look at that smile." She squealed.

He shook his head looking at his mom who was acting like an 18 year old girl.

"No Mom I don't have a girlfriend..." He said.

She stopped for a moment, attempting to observe her son.

"Yet?"

He peered back up at her, refusing to agree or disagree with that.

"Okay so I take it as you do have a girl you're talking to..." She concluded.

"You... Can... Put it that way," He said cautiously.

Her eyes immediately lit up again, her spark of curiosity ignited.

"Omg who is she? Is she also an idol? Or celebrity? Or a normal person?" She interrogated, placing the spatula she was holding down as she came to sit down right next to her son.

Mark already knew that if he didn't give his nosy mom answers she would never shut up.

"She's an idol too." He answered in defeat.