Fear

"We will release the pictures of her and her private life if your little subsidiary keeps on fighting back against us." A pathetic male voice sounded from the room.

"You have no right to even be holding onto those pictures. That's her privacy to respect which clearly you don't have!" A female voice rung back with dominance.

"Then listen to me and let us play the game while you and your subsidiary shut up." He spat.

"I will continue to stand up for what is right and wrong, you have no authority to silence anyone in this building. I will not stand around keeping my mouth shut while you try to destroy the futures of 5 bright talented girls. You will not release anything in relation to the girls without consent." She ordered with assertiveness, anger ringing through her voice, "you should be scrambling back to your management before I expose the illegal activities you have been doing instead." She glared straight into his coward eyes, silencing him before he scoffed and walked away.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ever since the news broke out, the both of them had been swamped in meetings, schedules, rehearsals, practices. Mark had been trying to resolve the situation along with his company in the most civil and professional way possible to avoid involving any 3rd parties. SM had eventually decided to give him a break from schedules for a period of time before the scandal dies down along with all those protest trucks from the fans disappear as well.

Meanwhile, Hanni and her members were gearing up for another comeback as well as finalising their move in to their new dorm. They had planned this move for a few months now, with all the designing and architectural plans they carried out for their new dorm look, the girls had been busy organising and packing the past few weeks.
All of them were excited to move out into a much bigger living space for the 5 of them. Their rooms were going to be much bigger, there would be enough closet space for all the members as well as more rooms for entertainment and relaxing. Today was the last day of their big move, with all their belongings finally delivered, the girls had spent the whole day setting up their beds and decorating their rooms, sorting out their walk in wardrobe and other bits and bobs.

The downside for Hanni was that she wasn't going to be living in the same apartment building as Mark anymore, which meant, no more late night meet ups. No more house visits and play dates whenever she wanted. They would now have to travel to and from each other.

With all of this going on for them, Mark and Hanni have not been able to even see each other since they got back from Milan. It's been nearly 3 months and they have not physically been around each other. They've been texting each other here and there when Hanni found time but her schedule has been packed.
On the flip side, Mark had been needing to keep a low profile since, there were fans, paparazzi and reporters camping down outside his apartment every time he left or came home. And he hated it.

They had planned for Mark to help with her move but with everything happening, that was the last thing that could possibly come true right now.

NewJeans Dance Practice Room

It was 9:30pm at night and the girls were taking a break from dance practice for their upcoming comeback. They were all sitting in a circle talking while their managers were hanging outside.