Realisation

Mark dragged Hanni into one of the empty storage rooms downstairs away from the party. The sound of the music was less deafening which was exactly what he needed. He softened his touch around her loosening the tension he was carrying on his shoulder after that whole incident. He looked into her eyes that was watching him observantly.

He couldn't tell what the hell she was thinking or what was going through her brain because at the moment his head was about to explode trying to formulate what to even say to her.

"Hanni... I'm just so sorry you had to see that..." He uttered, looking at her with regret filling his eyes. He was angry, angry and upset that the whole situation happened the way it did. He was fucking pissed off at Giselle for getting her ass drunk and acting like that. He was infuriated at himself for not removing himself from the situation earlier. His heart clenched knowing that Hanni had to sit there and watch it all unfold, that was never on his bucket list for this year.

"I should've pulled myself out of that mess way earlier to let it not happen, I should've not listened to them when they told me to shut my eyes-" He grumbled releasing a big sigh as Hanni kept her eyes trained on him.

His eyes were dark and sad, she could see the worry in his face that swept all over his body when he ran his hand over his face. She could tell he was angry at something with the way his jaw ticked but he was holding it in.

"Hanni, I'm so sorry baby I'm just so sorry you had to see that, I won't let that happen ever-"

"Oppa-" She called cutting him off, placing her two hands on the side of his face gently.

He stopped talking as he stared down at the girl in front of him with her small hands on his cheeks, giving her his full attention as his heart was beating wildly in his chest, not knowing what she was going to say.

"Are you okay?" She asked softly, "do you feel okay?" She repeated causing him to furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

"Hanni I should be asking you that...?"

She shook her head, "I'm fine if you're fine." She whispered, tiptoeing to his face as she planted a soft and delicate kiss on his lips, "and stop apologising to me, you did nothing wrong." She pouted.

She watched as something in his gaze softened up, his arms snaked around her body pulling her into him close as he dug his head in her neck giving her a small trail of kisses as he looked back at her.

"Can you stop making me fall deeper in love with you Hanni?" He whispered in his deep gruff voice.

"I know you're angry over this mess," Hanni said knowing him too well, "you probably want to confront her and scream your lungs out. And I know how unfair and ridiculous this whole situation is so don't blame yourself oppa." She said, her tone laced with comfort and reassurance.

"Are you really not angry?" Mark asked hesitantly, making sure she was fine.

She paused as her hands fell down from his face.

A small pout grew on her lips, "I was..." She uttered as her hand clung onto the edge of his belt, nervously tugging on it.

"I was annoyed and pissed off..." She huffed cutely, "But if you had let her kiss you on the lips I would not have been standing here right now mister." She ordered with slight pettiness to her tone.

He couldn't help but melt at her honest confession of her jealously, it was the cutest sight whenever she was upset about something over him. It felt like she was claiming him and he could not be any happier.

"Now let's forget this whole thing happened okay? Let's just have fun and celebrate Yeonjun oppa's birthday out there." Hanni said.

"And..." He whispered, drawing his face closer to hers.