And So It Started

A year later I'm in front of the gates that prevent thousands of fans from going into the concert venue in London before due time. I'm almost completely in the front,because just like every other fan around me, I want to take a sprint for the barricades as soon as my ticket is checked,and so I made sure to be early.
A few months ago I went to one of Harry's shows in Germany but I bought one of the cheaper tickets. Though I enjoyed the show, it just wasn't enough. I needed to be closer to this hot mess package of joy that had made me feel alive again. I had brought stuffed animals to throw at him. And a letter I knew I would never be able to give to him but brought with me anyway. If I couldn't give it to him I could post it to his fanmail adress, if I dared.
I had become like the many teenagers and young adults surrounding me and I didn't care one bit.

"Oh my GOD! YOU LOOK LIKE A WATERMELON!"

A very energetic blond girl who looked like an exploded rainbow sprinkled with skittles suddenly shouted in my face. I looked down at my outfit. Though I wasn't nearly as extravagant as some diehard fans here were, I DID dress for the occasion, obviously. I wore a lightgreen suitpants with a darker green blazer and a bright red top with black polkadots.

"Yea that was the intention, I made it myself", I answered the girl shyly. I was never really good with people. Too introverted. Being here was exhausting in all honesty but I just HAD to see him.

"Really???? That's AWESOME!! ELLE!!!"

She shouted everything without need to apparently, because said Elle was right next to her. Said Elle was also very used to the colorfull noisy blonde it seemed,because apart from sticking a finger in the ear the blonde rainbow had just screamed in, she did not respond and just checked out my clothes. She herself was not as explosively in-your-face as the blond girl was, but I could clearly see some H.S inspired stuff in her outfit. Very sparkly.

"Nice job", she said. "This is Kaylee by the way."

I shook both of their hands a little awkwardly and then we were interrupted by screams at the front of the line. Everyone started shouting that the gates were opening. I wasn't. I was just getting ready tot take a sprint as if my life depended on it. And once I was finally trough the ticket check, I ran as hard as I could. There were already lots of fans inside, but not nearly enough to cover the entire barricades. I slammed into the barricades,completely out of breath as I secured my spot on the front row.

I heard two people panting next to me and as I looked to my right I saw Elle and Kaylee.

"Hot damn......You....can sure....run fast." Kaylee panted. Not screaming for a change.

I nodded.

"I trained for this shit", I say, slightly panting myself.
The two girls look at me, obviously entirely out of breath as well, a big panting mess, and we all start laughing. I can't remember the last time I laughed with other people. The only laughing I've been doing lately was at One Direction videos. Not actually WITH people.

The venue quickly becomes really crowded and I can't breathe, I can't move. All these bodies pushing me into the barricades. I feel like I'm being smothered. I push back, my hands on the barricades to give myself something to push off of, and take a deep breath. It will be worth it. I just know it will.
My ears are almost popping from all the screaming and cheering around me, but that is nothing compared to the noise excreted from thousands of fans as the man himself finally apears. And my heart skips a beat. He's so close. I can see his abs from here, his butterfly tattoo,the slight stubble on his jaw.

He greets everyone. Thanks us for coming. Welcomes us. Tells us to enjoy the show and 'please be carefull to not hurt the people around you'. And then he starts singing.