The knife

When December arrived, Harry and I watched the premiere of the commercials with his management. Jeffrey was still sour for my part in it, and even more when most members of the team seemed to love the commercials. Even when they tried to hide their enthusiasm, Jeffrey overheard some people congratulate each other on the succes. A succes they had no part in, since all of it was Harry's idea, but Jeffrey spat angry words at them either way.

The commercials were very well received by the target group. Of course I expected nothing else from the fandom, since they're always following Harry's every move, and at least half om them are thirsting over him. The commercials gave them plenty of material to fantasize about, and although I did see some hateful comments and jealousy about my part in both commercials, most fans were actually very nice. Of course they still said they wished they could have been me, purely to be in those situations with Harry, but I was honestly relieved it was over.

Certain things happened that I had not really thought of when I became involved.
First of all, fans started to recognize me more, not just as Harry's assistant, but also as the girl from the commercials. The reactions were divided between fans wanting my autograph and picture, or calling me names. More than before I needed to be careful about my behaviour in public.
Secondly, because of my part in the commercials, certain companies wondered if I was in fact an actress or a model, and because my name was now even more linked to Harry's, they offered me small parts in short films, tv shows and commercials. I declined all of them, saying I had only done it to help Harry out. That unfortunately spiked some rumors, which helped the upcoming MET story we tried to fabricate, but it was very hard on Niall, and as relatively new as our relationship was, we really needed a lot of communication to keep being able to trust each other.

My former in-laws were shocked when, halfway through december, the commercials also reached England. I got some nervous messages, worried about what this would do to my reputation. But if anything, this improved my reputation mostly. If there was no jealousy or hate involved, it had put me in the spotlight more than ever, as much as I disliked that, and as I kept working as Harry's P.A, I soon had the reputation to be humble, or indifferent about my newly acquired fame.

And then there was Louis. I had not expected him to be this upset. We had talked about it for as much as I was allowed to, and when I told him we had sex, he was so calm about it. But this time I got a whole string of angry messages, that to a certain point got so insulting, I blocked him to have some peace of mind. This happened around the same time as the rumors started spiking, so when that calmed down a little, I unblocked him. We talked and he admitted that it was mostly the thought that I would be in a relationship with Harry, while I said Harry and Louis still loved each other. Eventually Niall and I face-timed Louis together to make clear that I was in an exclusive relationship with Niall, and that Louis should not worry about the rumors.

Finally, a week before Christmas, we did a personal promotion. The weather was luckily very mild for the time of year, and the street in front of the perfume shop where we were at, was packed. Harry's perfumes sold out within an hour of opening, and then everyone gathered to meet Harry and have their perfumes signed by him. Barricades made sure they would not trample him and Harry was divided from the excited masses by a table, that was of course necessary to sign stuff. Apart from escorting some overly excited fans off the premisses, nothing too alarming happened at first. Because of the immense crowd, Steven had situated several security guards on the roof of the perfume shop to keep an eye from above. Steven himself was next to me, right behind Harry. Some fans tried to get my autagraph too, but apart from smiling and waving, I did not move. Not because I was arrogant, but at the moment I was working.
More security guards were stationed at the barricades, and the perfume store had several guards of their own, as the streets were being monitored by the local police.