Chapter Four: Diagon Alley

The next day, Hagrid, Harry and I were sitting on a train in the underground tube. We'd since changed out of our pyjamas, of course. Hagrid had allowed us to pack up our things from the shack before we'd truly left the night before.

This morning I'd thrown on an old pair of denims, a light blue mock-neck undershirt, and a blue and green striped short-sleeved shirt on top. Of course I kept on my lion-necklace, just as Harry kept wearing his golden lion's ring that matched.

Harry was in an oversized grey shirt and flannel, a thick black belt and khakis that were at least six sizes too big for him. I was wearing my old worn out tennis shoes and he was wearing his manky old work boots.

I was too busy staring outside the window, watching as we whisked past the walls, too intrigued by the fact that we were actually leaving the Dursleys behind than listening to my brother as he spoke.

"First year students will require: Three sets of work robes in black, one plain pointed hat in black, one winter cloak with silver fastenings, one wand..." I perked up at the mention of the wand and both Harry and I looked at Hagrid expectantly.

"Wand?" I repeated curiously and Hagrid smiled.

"An essential piece of equipment, Natalie." He assured me.

Harry nodded, then continued reading the list as I took out my own letter to skim it, "Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags..." Harry trailed off after that and I began reading the list of books under the Set Books column.

"All students should have a copy of each of the following." I frowned as I read down the list, "The Standard Book of Spells by Miranda Goshawk. A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot, Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling." I snorted at the author's name, Harry giggling as well, "A Beginner's guide to Transfiguration by Arsenius Jigger," Although I grew rather interested when I read the next lines, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them by Newt Scamander, and The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Thimble..."

"Erm, Natie, I think it says Trimble." Harry corrected and I looked closer and realised he was correct.

"Oh- Trimble then..." I corrected myself.

Harry and Hagrid laughed as my brother teased me, "Are you sure you don't need glasses like I do?"

I shoved his shoulder and hissed, smiling "Shut it, Has."

"But we also need, One caldron, pewter, standard size two, one set of glass crystal vials, one telescope, one set of brass scales, and a pair of protective gloves, preferably dragon-hide..." Harry remarked after he fought off his giggles.

I perked up, "Dragon? Like a real dragon!"

"Well they don't mean a penguin now, do they?" Hagrid teased, leaning back in his chair, "Heh, crikey, I'd love a dragon."

"You'd like a dragon?" Harry repeated in pure disbelief.

I smiled unabashedly, "Wicked!"

"Vastly misunderstood beasts, Harry. Vastly misunderstood." Hagrid told him easily. Suddenly, he noticed a woman eyeing the three of us down the car and nodded at her. She snorted and returned to reading her newspaper.

Soon enough, we'd arrived at our stop and were strolling down the cool streets of London. Harry's nose was still caught in his school list as I was marvelling at the city bustling around us in pure awe.

"All students may bring, if they desire, either an owl, cat or a toad..." He hummed curiously as I tuned back in, inquiring to Hagrid.

"Hagrid, could we find all of this here in London?"