Part 6

Dadi : Seeing the love for Meerab in Murtasim's eyes, I am sure that Murtasim will agree. Now it's time to convince Meerab.

Dadi talked to everyone about Meerab and Murtasim's marriage. Everyone was very happy that Meerab will be Murtasim's wife. Mariyam didn't want to agree at first but later she agreed. Now it's time to convince Meerab.

According to Dadi, Dadi was taken to the hospital. They called Meerab and told her that Dadi had fallen down the stairs. Meerab ran to the hospital and saw that everyone was here.

Doctor : Who is Meerab?

Meerab : I'm Meerab. Is my Dadi okay?

Doctor : See, she wants to meet you and make sure she doesn't take any tension.

Meerab went and sat next to her Dadi. Tears were falling from the eyes of Meerab. Because she loves her Dadi very much. She came to this country because of her Dadi.

Dadi : Why are you crying like this? Look, I'm fine.

Meerab : Hmmm !! That's right Dadi. You know I have no one but you. What would I do if something happened to you, Dadi? (crying)

Dadi : You love me so much?

Meerab : Lots.

Dadi : Can you give me whatever I want?

Meerab : I can do everything except your son and son's wife.

Dadi : Really?

Meerab : Hmm! Now tell me what you want.

Dadi : Promise me you'll give me what I want.

Meerab : OK, Promise. Happy? Now tell me.

Dadi : You have to marry Murtasim. You promised. Don't disagree. (Said in one breath)

Meerab : What? Are you crazy? I will marry that scoundrel, Dadi? (Shouted angrily)

Dadi : But you promised.

Meerab : Dadi! (Gritting her teeth angrily)

Dadi : All right. My words have no value. It would have been better if I had died. (fake crying)

Meerab : Stop this emotional drama. Okay, fine! I agree. (Once you recover dadi, then there will have no chance of getting married.)

Dadi : So let your marriage be today.

Meerab : Today? Dadi, you get well. Will be seen later either.

Dadi : (I know you very well Meerab. When I recover, you will no longer agree to marriage.) Is there no value for my wish? I want you to get married today. And this is my last wish. I don't want anything else. Please!

Meerab : Okay! (Said with annoyance)
.
.
.
Everyone was very happy to hear about the marriage of Meerab and Murtasim. A lawyer was called to the hospital and the marriage papers of Meerab and Murtasim were prepared by him.

Meerab was a little surprised to see the lawyer. And angrily said,

Meerab : Everything was already fixed. Marriage in hospital.

Dadi : Mr. Lawyer, give the papers to Meerab. And Meerab, sign. Murtasim you too.

Meerab : Which paper? (Angrily)

Dadi : Your marriage register paper.

Meerab signed in anger and left from there. Murtasim too signed.

Dadi : Meerab, now you can't divorce Murtasim even if you want to. Your anger benefited us today. It's better that you didn't read the paper before signing. (smiling)

Everyone came back home. Meerab went home very late and went to her room and stopped as if her legs were not moving forward. She didn't expect this from everyone, she got very angry. Seeing all this, she went to her Dadi in anger.

Now I will tell you why Meerab was angry. Actually, Meerab's room is decorated with flowers and candles. The bed is decorated with rose petals. Light candles around. The room is so beautifully decorated that what can I say. When she saw all this, blood flowed in her head.

Meerab : Dadi....!! Dadi....!! (shouting angrily)

Dadi : What happened Meerab? Why are you angry like this?

Meerab : What does all this mean? Are you kidding me?

Dadi : Areh, what happened? Say?

Meerab : Why is my room decorated like this? Why are you doing all this Dadi?

Dadi : Meerab, you got married today. Did you forget?

Meerab : I can't forget bad dreams even if I want to.

Dadi : Today is your first night. And Murtasim will be with you from today. Don't talk anymore. Murtasim is waiting.

Meerab went to her room in anger. And came out of the washroom after getting freshened up and saw Murtasim. Seeing Murtasim, her anger raised more. She said nothing and removed the flowers and went to bed. Murtasim said,

Murtasim : There is a ritual to greet husband at the first night. Don't you know?

Meerab : Husband? Look Mr.

Murtasim cut her,

Murtasim : Murtasim! My name is Murtasim. Okay?

Meerab : Whatever...!! I don't accept this marriage. It's not possible for me to accept you as a husband where marriage is not acceptable. Okay?

Murtasim : What do you mean? We are married Meerab.

Meerab : I don't believe this marriage. I was forced to marry you by Dadi. Don't ask me for wife's rights. I don't accept this marriage and you are not my husband. (angrily)

Meerab went and lay down on the bed. Murtasim was silent for a long time and then went to bed and then Meerab said angrily,

Meerab : You will not sleep here.(angrily)

Murtasim : Then where will I sleep?

Meerab : Sleep downstairs or wherever you want but not with me.

Murtasim : I'll sleep downstairs? Are you out of your mind? Now if I go to sleep somewhere else, everyone will know that you and I don't live together.

Meerab : So you will sleep here?

Murtasim : I'll sleep here. And you don't worry. I won't even touch you. So take this pillow in the middle of this bed. Happy?

Meerab : Stupid!

Meerab and Murtasim laid down. Meerab was trying hard to sleep but couldn't. She never thought that her life would change in one day. After much thought, she once looked at Murtasim. Murtasim's sleepy face was looking magical to her. She quickly looked the other way and then fell asleep.
____________________