Chapter 17: Blossoming Bonds

(Y/N): "Chara, whenever you're ready, I'll be here. Whatever you decide, I'll respect it. Just know that I care about you deeply"

Chara: "You like being patient don't you?"

(Y/N): "Heh, that's my thing you know"

Chara: "Well, you don't have to be patient anymore... for now"

(Y/N): "What do you mean by "For now"?"

Chara: "U-uhm" She turns to her left again and blushes.

Chara: "Never mind that! From now on, I'll be your girlfriend!" She said as she looked back at you.

Your heart leaped with joy at Chara's words. It was a moment you had hoped for, but never truly expected. A wide smile spread across your face as you pulled her into a tight, affectionate hug.

(Y/N): "Chara, you have no idea how happy that makes me."

Chara's cheeks were still flushed, but she wore a shy, pleased grin as she hugged you back.

Chara: "I... I've been feeling the same way, Y/N. I just didn't know how to say it."

You both stood in the middle of the garden, surrounded by the soft glow of the golden lights, and the fragrance of the buttercups. It was a moment that felt like it belonged to just the two of you, a moment of honesty, vulnerability, and a newfound connection.

(Y/N): "You don't have to be so shy about it, Chara. I'm just glad we're on the same page now."

Chara: "Yeah, me too."

You shared a tender kiss, sealing your new commitment to each other. The kiss was filled with warmth and promises, a testament to the journey of friendship that had led you to this point.

(Y/N): "So, does this mean we're officially a couple now?"

Chara: "I guess it does."

The weight of your newfound relationship settled in, and you both felt a sense of contentment. It was a bit surreal but in the best possible way. The one who had been one of your closest friends, your confidant, had now become something more.

(Y/N): "Let's get back with the others. They must be waiting long"

Chara: "Yeah but do we tell them that we're dating or not?"

(Y/N): "Mhh. Nah they'll probably figure it out soon enough"

You and Chara teleported back to Snowdin and arrived outside Grillby's. You get inside and see Undyne and the Skele-bros at the bar waiting for you and Chara, They even saved two seats for you lovebirds. You sat next to Sans and Chara sat on your left side.

Sans: "Soo. What did you two do?"

You exchanged a subtle glance with Chara, a silent agreement passing between you. It was still new, this relationship, and you both decided to keep it low-key for now. Yet, there was a newfound warmth between you, a connection that was hard to ignore.

(Y/N): "Oh, you know, just had a nice chat in the garden. Enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere."

Sans raised a knowing eyebrow, his grin widening ever so slightly. He had always been good at reading between the lines, but he decided not to press further. Instead, he shifted the conversation to a lighter topic.

Sans: "Speaking of peaceful atmospheres, Grillby's is pretty chill too. And they serve the best spaghetti in Snowdin. Isn't that right, bro?"

Papyrus nodded enthusiastically, his tall frame practically vibrating with energy.

Papyrus: "Absolutely! Grillby's spaghetti is a culinary masterpiece! A dish worthy of the Great Papyrus!"

Undyne, always the enthusiastic one, chimed in with her usual fervor.