Chapter 19: Reassurance

Chara: "Goodnight"

(Y/N): "Goodnight Chara. Sleep well"

Chara: "(Giggle) You too Y/N"

No one's POV

In the night's torment, Y/N is trapped in a sinister vision. William, veiled in darkness, stands before them, whispering menacingly. The atmosphere chokes with guilt as Y/N watches, horrified, his own hands stained with the blood of William and his loved ones, each face contorted in terror. 

The nightmare morphs into a twisted loop, replaying the tragic scene relentlessly. Y/N, sees himself killing his mother while his best friend and his adoptive mother, William, and his assassin Hunter watch. Next Y/N kills his best friend's adoptive mother but his best friend tries to push Y/N away but to no avail it is hopeless. Y/N was already manipulated and brainwashed by William. Y/N then beats the living days out of his best friend making him slowly suffer in vain while his best friend is defenseless.

Y/N then quickly kills Hunter and then cuts William's feet with his magic sword, making him unable to run away. William tried to crawl away but it was hopeless. Y/N grabs him by the hair tightly and throws him across the room, so strong that makes him hit the wall and fall to the ground. Y/N summons a baseball bat with a cold stare. William was too scared to move and accepted his fate. Y/N smashes his head over and over and over and OVER AND OVER AND OVER AN- Y/N walks over to his loved ones and then falls on his knees.

Y/N looks at his own hands stained with the blood of William and his loved ones, each face contorted in terror. He uncontrollably shakes and then screams as loud as he can, not wanting to believe what he just did. 

Then The nightmare morphs into a twisted loop, replaying the tragic scene relentlessly.

Y/N awakens abruptly, chest heaving, drenched in sweat. his grip tightens around the sheets as he struggles to shake off the haunting images, gasping for air, the remnants of the vivid nightmare still echoing in his mind. 

Your POV

You went to the bathroom and washed your face. The following morning, after breakfast, you felt a surge of determination nudging you toward the idea of revisiting the surface. However, recalling Gaster's reluctance, you knew mentioning the sub-lab would lessen your chances. Instead, focusing on your friends and family seemed a better approach to persuade him.

Finding Gaster in his study, next to your house, you took a deep breath, preparing yourself for the conversation ahead. You knocked on the door and went inside.

(Y/N): "Hey Gaster. I've been thinking about my friends and family on the surface"

Gaster looked up, his expression changing to a more serious demeanor.

Gaster: "Y/N, we've discussed this before. The surface holds unknown dangers. It's not a place you should rush back to"

(Y/N): "I understand your concern. But there are people up there who mean a lot to me. I feel a pull, a need to reconnect with them. In other visit their graves"

Gaster's sockets dimmed slightly, contemplating your words.

Gaster: "The barrier... You're the only one who can cross and destroy it. But even if you don't destroy the barrier, the risks..."

(Y/N): "I'll be careful, Gaster. I promise. I just want to visit my friends. And then, I'll come back here"

Gaster remained silent for a moment, contemplating your request. Finally, he sighed, realizing the importance of your connections on the surface.

Gaster: "Very well, Y/N. But promise me, exercise caution. I'll assist you in any way I can"

Your heart raced with a mix of excitement and nervousness. The prospect of returning to the surface filled you with hope and trepidation.