Chapter 9

It was nearing the night now, Marinette and Adrien had taken a little break from studying and now are gaming, actually Marinette is simply destroying Adrien in the game, laughing

" Are you sure you're not cheating ?"

" Just admit you suck "

" I do not ! "

" You do ", Marinette giggled as she won again while Adrien sighed.

" You gotta teach me ", Adrien said.

" Oh are you admitting that I'm a better gamer now ?", Marinette asked playfully.

" You are awesome Marinette ", Adrien said.

But he didn't know the effect of his words on Marinette as she blushed and smiled shyly. He too realised that he said and blushed but it was true. Perhaps it felt right to say it to her. Adrien didn't know how to explain what he was feeling but for now he will compliment her all the time for her smile.

***

They smiled at each other before they resumed their studying. What they didn't know was Plagg and Tikki were sitting on the terrace and talking or actually spilling gossip about their owners to each other.

" He is actually falling for her but he doesn't know ", Plagg said.

" Really ? Are you sure ?", Tikki asked.

" Just look at them, they are both whipped for each other. Disgusting ", he fake gagged.

" I suppose. I hope they realise it soon though ", Tikki said.

" What ? To see them being in love ? Ewww ", Plagg said.

" Stop them, I know you are secretly hoping for it ", Tikki teased as Plagg pretended not to hear her.

***

Back in the room, Marinette is solving a chemistry problem which is being difficult to do right now for her. She asked for help as Adrien looked over and helped her by rolling his chair closer, and leaned in to read, not seeing Marinette's frozen face.

" Here, did you get it ?", Adrien asked.

" Huh ?", Marinette blinked before looking down at her book.

" It's okay I'll explain again ", Adrien not knowing his effect on the girl, leaned even closer and began to explain again.

Marinette tried to pay attention this time but not without blushing red as she felt his muscular chest near her arm and his leg touching hers. She tried to breathe slowly and forced herself to pay attention.

Adrien, having finished explaining the second time, looked at her while she also turned to do the same. Their faces so close as they felt each other breaths on the face. Both forces, slightly inching slowly and just before their lip touch, Marinette's father popped up.