Chapter 20

As soon as they entered, Marinette's parents were all over her

As soon as they entered, Marinette's parents were all over her. Checking her for injuries and questioning why she hasn't answered their phone calls or why she hasn't come home and where she was.

They didn't notice Adrien standing beside her awkwardly, who was holding Marinette's hand but let go when the door opened. Finally after they noticed him and immediately smiled at him.

“ Adrien oh gosh ! We heard what happened. I'm sorry, please come in, come in “, Marinette's mom, Sabin said.

“ Thank you !”, Adrien said as he entered.

Marinette followed and her dad, Tom closed the door after them. They went ahead in the living room and sat down on the couch and Sabin went into the kitchen to get water and snacks for them.

Tom explained that their bakery was sold out as people bought many things in celebration and they wanted to close it early today in celebration as well.

“ I'm sorry Adrien, this must be shocking to you “, Tom apologised.

“ Oh no Mr. Dupian-chan, please don't apologise! It's alright ! Ladybug and Cat Noir already had told me and moved me to a safe place “, Adrien.

“ Oh that's good ! Where were you ?" Tom questioned Marinette.

“ Oh um she was with me. Ladybug and Cat Noir thought it would be safer for me to stay with someone so Marinette was with me “, Adrien quickly explained.

“ Oh ! That's wonderful “, Sabin said.

” Yeah “ Marinette agrees.

“ Now come on, sit, sit, have dinner here !” Sabin says gesturing to the couch.

“ Don't even try to say no!” Sabin says when Adrien tries to say something.

Adrien closes his mouth shyly smiling. Sabin ruffles his hair and leaves to the kitchen. Tom, who was standing near the door, smiled at them.

“ Where are you staying now ?” Tom asked.

“ Oh um with my bodyguard, he is gonna be my guardian “, Adrien answered.

“ That's nice of him, “ Tom says.

“ Yeah “

“ Do you want to stay the night here ?” Tom asked.

“ Can I ?” Adrien asked, surprised.

“ Of course son, after all that happened today I'm sure you could use some company. And I'm not blind. I know you two have something “, Tom winked.

Adrien and Marinette blushed as Adrien agreed that he wanted to stay the night as well. Master Fu called Adrien then who excused himself to the bathroom to talk to him.

After a few minutes he came back and smiled at Marinette who looked worried. Tom wasn't there anymore instead he was helping Sabin cook dinner so Adrien took this time to tell Marinette about the call.