Chapter 7: Where is everyone?

TW: Missing persons,
Please let me know if I missed any

Tommy stood worriedly at the gates. Tubbo still wasn't here. Sometimes he's 20 minutes late because he missed the train, sometimes he's late because he has to help his father with something, but he'd usually text Tommy something, even if it's one word.

The blond has gotten radio silence from his friend.

Phil came down to grab him, saying his lively friend probably had other matters to tend to, and didn't have the time to tell the blond. Tommy fought down the fact Tubbo always told him things, put on a smile, and walked in.

● ● ●

He walked down to the cafe a little later. Ranboo was always there, so it'd be easy to chat him up, take the worry off his mind.

He came in with a sing song, "Hello b-" he stopped short when he saw a girl with purple hair. "Who are you?" He asked, a bit shocked.

"None of your fucking business, what do you want?" She snapped.

"Sorry, it's just, usually Ranboo is here, and they said he and the other girl ran the cafe."

"Well you'd be right, I'm just here on a favor since Ranboo couldn't be here."

"Do you know why?"

"No! I was asked on a favor. Ask Niki about your friend, and fucking order!"

"Minx!" The other girl, Niki, came out. "Don't scream at the regulars."

Niki was a lot scarier than she looked.

"Sorry Tommy, what can I do for you?" She said, smoothing her apron.

"Could you fill this order, and perhaps tell me where Ranboo is? He's usually here, right?"

Niki took the piece of paper. "They usually are. Maybe they've finally taken a day off." She joked. But Tommy could tell she didn't believe it at all.

"Do you know where they are?"

Niki shook her head, "Radio silence from him. I'll be concerned if they aren't back, at least talking tomorrow."

"You're not worried?" Tommy blurted.

Niki bit her lip. "His night job, is. . . Taxing. Though it isn't like him to miss." She muttered the last part, her back towards the avi-coon. The young woman set down the last cup with a smile. "Don't worry too much over it. They'll probably be back tomorrow."

"Okay, thank you." He said, gathering all the things and pressing his back against the door. He heard the little wind chimes as the door shut, and he was on his way.

● ● ●

Metus gave him a worried look when he walked through the door. "What's bothering you?"

"Ranboo's not here either."

Something close to worry flashed across the man's face. "What did his fellow employee say?"

"Niki? She didn't know either, though she did say he has a very taxing night job." The piglin tensed. "He's probably just worn out." Tommy finished.

Metus muttered something, before rushing out the door. The second door flew open with a bang, and there was a high chance the elevator music will be broken again. Typical day, though Tommy was rather confused about how Metus and Ranboo knew each other.

● ● ●

Tommy spent most of the day worrying over his best friend, and the barista he'd gladly call friend. The blond paced around the office, Metus still wasn't back. It came as no surprise for the other two, as the piglin had personal affairs, and also threatened to kill anyone who dared to snoop through them.

That threat was easily backed up by a scary ass reputation; no one bothers him.

When Philza walked in and asked if Tommy wanted to patrol, the young trainee lept at an opportunity to not think.

Unfortunately, the night made him regret that decision. He worried over Tubbo and Ranboo, whilst simultaneously having an existential crisis. Because that's just what the great Tommy innit does in his free time.

Could he actually kill someone?

Would he? For the good of the city, of the nation?

Now he was unsure.

A shy smile, against a fierce glare. Slipping away, the mask is falling away, what do you have to hide. Binary eyes and a light, cautious smile. Flickering fear, and cold icy tones.

Now he is unsure.

What would he do for the heros? What wouldn't he do for the heros?

______________________________

Tommy and his existential crisis.

Meanwhile Tubbo and Ranboo.

That's for next chapter.

I might change my other book out cause I'm bored.

Have a great day/night my friends! 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙