Chapter 12: reset again

TW:PTSD, voices, mentioned death, implication of suicidal tendencies, injust government.
(We are ignoring the last chapter)

Tubbo stood on the rooftop wings flared behind him as he watched the bustling night life.

Somehow, his life has gotten 100× harder within the last month, and he doesn't know how to fix it. It feels like his world is caving in again, crumbling around him like sit down you're below me wanna dance honeybee? And it's all the rubble from are you okay? What are you doing? I'm here to help. And maybe Tubbo never really healed. Scab over an infected wound only a matter of time before it reaches the bloodstream, only a matter of time until you explode, too much all the time, overwhelmed and numh.

The streets weren't bright like the epicenter, but they weren't the stereotypical flickering dim lights either, and Tubbo was bored, too little to do, no real action sadly.

At some point between staring at the road and counting cars, he decided he'd fuck around the hero complex, because. . . Because he can. Because it'll be funny and he'll have fun.

● ● ●

The brunette flew over the electric fence, quite unsure if they actually thought it would help, or if it was in the ever going conquest to look powerful. Unstoppable unstable one step away from imploding exploding bringing everything to the ground with him.

Obviously, because he knew the shit that went on here, it'd be absolutely hilarious to get rid of the power. No cameras, no computers, no tech. The heros would go wild. Toxin set to work, snapping wires and then melting them for good measure because he CAN.

Take that bitches who never batted an e- no NO turned a FUCKING BLIND EYE to those who were dying, being abused for "The greater good" and he doesn't resent anymore. He's gotten past that! But have you? Scab over infection, destined to destroy, destined to die, destined to bring everything down with you.

And Tubbo sighs as he sits on the rooftop watching the sun rise with a chilling numb to everything. He'd been doing okay, made a friend, has connections and relationships so why was life bearing down on him so fucking hard?

He slid down from his roof and remembered to brush his hair before setting off to the hero complex. Felt like he was forgetting something until he saw everyone who worked there standing in the courtyard absolutely baffled and confused.

"What happened?" Tubbo asked in his best 'I'm definitely not finding this funny as hell' voice.

"Somethin' happened to power. Burnt or some shit." Tommy said around bites of muffin.

"Where'd you get the muffin?" Tubbo asked indignantly.

"Ranboo, the bitch always works, Niki said sumthin' bout him not understan'in days off."

"You actually talked to him? Was he mad?" Tubbo asked eyebrows quirked up.

"Mmm, no? I dunno cagey ass s'hard to read. Hopefully not?" Tommy said, swallowing the last bit of muffin.

"Well, that's always good, but are we supposed to like, go home?" Tubbo asked, eyeing the large group of people that work here.

"I don't know, but we should totally go to the cafe together before Sam throws an absolute fit over all the shit that is to be dealt with here."

Tubbo let Tommy lead him away from the crowd, and some of the numbness fell away in favor of laughing at some poorly executed sex jokes.

"Okay, but you should show Ranboo that monkey." Tubbo wheezed out as Tommy shoved a picture of a monkey, whose face did not look like a dick, into Tubbo's face.

And maybe Tubbo can shove all of the thoughts of doom and gloom to the side, watching Ranboo's face scrunch up in 'I'm trying so hard not to laugh' as he hunches over with quaking shoulders.

Tommy and Tubbo cheered when they got the message that there'd be no work today, as they couldn't get into the building of work, weasled Ranboo out of work mid-morning, and proceeded to act like children running around the park. Because why not? And as the three lied on the grass, spread out like a three point star, Tubbo let the weight in his chest lift just a little bit, relishing in this moment where they aren't needed anywhere else but here.

____________________________

Okay, I'm back.

Hello. Change of writing style I think.

Also the last chapter screwed my up big time, so this is the solution. I'm so sorry I haven't existed for a long while.

So let's talk.

Hi, how are you all?

How many are left? How many have moved on or left?

I really don't know how to feel anymore, so if this story derails, apologies.

I've been alright, had a lot of time to think and to try to move on, winding down to the end of this story and obviously have the greatest ending ALREADY WRITTEN OUT! I don't know what I consider myself anymore, but I am here, and after what feels like dragging my mind through molasses, I've ended up back here.

I'm so excited for the ending! Even though it's at least 3 chapters away because plot.

Love you all friends!💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙