Chapter 16: plotting and planning

TW: PTSD, corruption, Suicidal thoughts, dehumanizing, implied hallucinations, shit gets real,
Please let me know if I missed any

"So, you've decided to take down the government, Kid?"

The three of them were standing in a small room, an interrogation chamber if Ranboo remembered correctly.

"Yes." He held his head high in front of his former superior.

"And- you've brought a friend? A villan."

Toxin's grip on their hand tightened and the vigilante squeezed back with reassurance. "You and I both know what's at stake. We know what Marionette can do." There was a terrifying undertone to the vigilante's voice.

Terrifying indeed.

The older man leaned against the wall for a minute. "You're going to need an army to stop the goverment, and a god to stop Marionette." He stepped up, as if to leave the room, but stopped next to Ranboo, facing the other way. "It's a good thing we have both." He said, and Ranboo caught the edge of a smile before he walked out of the interrogation chamber.

● ● ●

Ranboo works at a Cafe. That is a fact of life, the sky is blue, the grass is green, Ranboo works at a Cafe.

Tommy used to come to said Cafe, but he doesn't anymore. Another fact of life. The water is blue, the snow is white, Theseus doesn't talk to them anymore.

Toxin smiled at them as they stood on a building together.
"It's weird to think that we are working together." Toxin said, almost in awe.

Ranboo laughed wryly. "Yeah, I suppose it is."

"I feel like it's the universe's curse, we can't work together, because you are a force of good, and I'm supposed to be a force of bad." Toxin muttered

Ranboo sighed, not breathing life into the thought they both had. What if this was meant to not work out? Peace was never meant to be?

But it didn't matter, because Ranboo would see this to the end. As you always do. Always have, and always will. They will be okay. Right?

It was a continuous cycle, go to work, see Niki, see Tubbo, don't see Tommy never see him anymore. Go back only to go out again as ERROR, talk to Toxin, plan with him and Techno, patrol, plan, rinse and repeat.

The bags under his eyes got darker by the day. You know that isn't good for you. He ignored Niki’s concern, and Toxin's, and Techno's. They're just trying to help. They kept pushing themself, edging closer and closer to the edge as the days and nights went on. Kneel down, sit down shut up, I'm above you, I dictate your life, you aren't free, you're mine, sweet little singer are you going to scream? Sit down, shut up, I dictate your life, you're mine little song bird.

Ranboo stared out at the view. He stood on a cliff side, overlooking a vast ocean, with the vague wonder of what was beyond it. You know how to get there. The man whispered from over his shoulder. Ranboo doesn't know when he arrived, but it started as a comfort, you need sleep, listen to your friends. Until it wasn't. Sit down shut up your mine, freedom is just a few steps away, just a little bit more. Step off the cliff, let the ocean spray burn patterns into your body.

But Ranboo always stopped themself, staring at the cliff in a mix of fear and apathy, and in the end, fear always wins, and he steps away. Coward.

So he keeps the cycle going.

The little moments are kind to him though, and sometimes, they get the chance to sit on a rooftop and look at everything, just stop and let the world go around him for a few blissful moments.

A guide to the Outsiders

Dear reader, it must have come about by now, the question; why the overlord of the underground network was considered the Blood God? Not because he killed people, or because of the blood on his hands.

Because he would always return to his roots, to revolution, to places where blood must be shed. He was willing to pay that price for the good of hundreds, and that, dear reader, makes him honorable, no matter what role he plays, that is what makes him Technoblade.

___________________________________

I don't know anymore

Don't know how this dance is supposed to continue, but Ranboo must press on, and so must I.

Much love Friends

Have a great day/night!💙💙💙💙💙💙