Chapter 2

Follow @Benitobonita so you do not miss my stories.

Angelina's body tensed, and her heart raced. The woman even screamed in her heart. It couldn't be! How could he be here?!

"Doctor! Doctor Angelina!"

Nanjan's shout made Angelina turn around. That man ran frantically towards her with a pale expression.

Nanjan, who was physically slimmer, arrived first compared to Labih, who was bulkier. The muscular man was left far behind, and it seemed like sweat was already soaking his thick beard.

Nanjan stood still as he saw a 70-kilogram orangutan lying on the grass. The thirty-year-old man's head lifted slowly before his gaze stopped at Ramaik.

Nanjan swallowed saliva and asked, "Are you a staff from the headquarters?"

Angelina's face paled as Ramaik curved faintly his lips and answered briefly. "Yes."

"D-Doc-doctor, a-are you o-ok-okay?" Labih's question interrupted the conversation. The big man supported his heavy body with both hands on his bent knees to catch his breath. "I-I seem to need oxy-oxygen."

"Where's Rambun?" Nanjan suddenly asked. The slim man turned his body to look for their missing team member. "I heard his scream earlier."

"Is he wearing an RTW uniform?" asked Ramaik with a distinctive voice.

Nanjan turned to Ramaik. "Yes, did you see him?"

"He went off on a motorcycle taxi," Ramaik replied, lowering his head to observe the still-unconscious orangutan. He ignored Angelina, who stood frozen like an ice statue, and Nanjan, who seemed hysterical because someone had run off with his tranquilizer gun. "Should we leave it here or evacuate it?"

"E-evacuate," Labih, still panting, tried to answer after both of his team members seemed in bad shape. The big man took deep breaths while Nanjan took out his phone from his pocket and tried to call their runaway team member.

Five rings sounded as Nanjan decided to walk away and started yelling, "Rambun! Where are you?!"

Labih finally noticed the red liquid flowing down from Ramaik's left hand. The bearded man immediately announced his discovery with a horrified face.

"Is-t-that blood?"

Ramaik examined his hand before murmuring, "Yes."

Angelina's eyes widened as the cat-human bent down and seemed about to lick the still-bleeding wound. The woman spontaneously screamed hysterically.

"Don't!"

Ramaik immediately looked up, his expression filled with puzzlement as he gazed at her.

Angelina seemed hesitant. However, drops of red liquid fell slowly. Angelina finally spoke with a stiff tone. "It could get infected."

Angelina sat on a tarp. She opened a medical kit and said, "Let me treat it."

Angelina didn't hear approaching footsteps. However, Ramaik was already sitting opposite her while she was arranging medicines and taking out bandages.

Angelina put on blue rubber gloves before opening a one-liter bottle of mineral water. Without looking up, she offered her left palm to the man and said softly, "Give me your hand."

Ramaik obeyed. He raised his left arm so that Angelina could reach it. The man remained silent, even as clean water washed over the five-centimeter cut on his skin.

Angelina didn't lift her head as she focused on the area she was working on. She then took a small towel and dried the water that had washed the wound.

"The wound is somewhat deep; it needs stitching," Angelina muttered. She took out a rolled gauze while raising Ramaik's hand higher than the man's heart position.