Finally meeting my sister

When The Council assigned me my new guardians, I was a bit apprehensive. But, can you blame me? I'd just had one of the worst pairs of foster parents EVER! (Apart from maybe the Sencen parents, but they set the bar high) 

But, when I arrived at HavenField, I saw a man wrestling with what looked like a giant chicken with rainbow feathers, with a dinosaurs roar. I immediately hid behind Alden, who had the pleasure of escorting me to my new home. I still hated the Vackers, so having Alden escort me was like another blow. Especially when he laughed. I scowled at him. Alden took a break from laughing. "What? Have you never seen a dinosaur before?" I blink at him. "That's a dinosaur?" I was obviously shocked. Since when we're Giant rainbow chickens classified as dinosaurs? 

When he nodded, I'll be honest, I was questioning his sanity. Remember, I was looking at an angry rainbow feathered chicken. Alden laughs again, and I scowl even harder. "To think, that you've been in the lost cities for over a year, now, and you haven't seen a dinosaur!" I stand taller, and stalk in front of him. 

"Well, no one has given me that chance. You and Della didn't, so why would Mai and Quan be any different? But, if I'm being honest?" I lean in closer, so I'm whispering in his ear. "I would rather spend an eternity with Quan and Mai than live in the Vacker residency for even one more day." I let him go, and make my way towards the giant house. 

It already looked more inviting than Everglen, Candleshade and whatever Quan and Mai's house was called. I forgot what it was called, but i don't see why i need to know its name, if I'm going to be avoiding it like hell. Which I will be doing. Anyways, Alden lead me into the house, and i saw a woman, who looked like she was in her early thirties, with auburn hair, standing in the entrance. 

"Hello Alden!" She make her way over to greet Alden. I almost puked. After the greeting, Alden introduced her to me. "Edaline, this is Scarlett. Scarlett, this is Edaline." Edaline smiles at me. But, it's not like the kind of smiles that I'd get from Della or Mai. It was a smile that made you feel warm and loved. I smiled back at her. But, then, I turn to Alden. 

"Okay, I know her now. There is no point in you staying any longer." Alden opens his mouth to say something, but i silence him with my death glare. You can literally hear it. Thankfully, Edaline backed me up. 

"Well, I should get Scarlett adjusted to her new home. See you, Alden." Alden says goodbye to Edaline, and waves goodbye to me. I scowl at him, and cross my arms. He backs away, which makes my emotions turn into turmoil. I hate it when people think that keeping a distance from me is okay. I hate it when people treat my like a puppy, that could bite you if you pat it wrong. And, just to make it worse for him, I absolutely LOATHE the Vackers. 

Suddenly, my rage takes control, and I hear Alden on the floor, writhing in pain. Edaline looks terrified. "How did you just do that?" I stare at her. "I inflicted on him. Isn't that, like, an ability that you'd be familiar with?" She shakes her head. "Not inflicting like that." I give her a confused look. 

"I'll explain it to you later. But first, we need to get you all settled in." Edaline lead me upstairs to a giant Tom, where Elwin was sitting on a bed. "Scarlett, this is Elwin, our physician. Elwin, this is Scarlett." Elwin smiles a goofy grin at me. I smile one back at him.

"Hello again Scarlett." "Hey Elwin!" Edaline smiles. "Of course. You guys had to have met before." Then, I realise that Elwin isn't the only one sitting on the bed. I see a girl with long blonde locks like mine. We make eye contact, and both gasp. We were both staring into brown eyes. 

"Oh yes! Sophie, this is Scarlett. Scarlett, this is Sophie."