~ Mind Warp ~

When Minho, Jisung, and Shay finally made it into their room; they all stood in a circle, staring at each other.

“Okay…who wants to start and tell me what in the bloody universe is going on? First, you both tell me that Chan has two friends that no one has ever heard of, then Shay collapses and comes back like nothing happened, and now Hyunjin is acting weird?!”

Minho grimaced. Put like that, he could clearly see how confusing and strange it all seemed to them. Shay met his eyes, trying to figure out what to do or say.

Jisung didn’t miss the startled look on both of their faces. Shay frowned.

“I must be going insane…”

Minho scoffed.

“If this is insane to you, then I definitely lost my marbles…”

He motioned for Jisung and Shay to follow him. Once they were on the roof, Minho turned toward Jisung and started talking.

“We’re going to explain everything, but I’m going to warn you…it’s a lot.”

Jisung gave them an incredulous look.

“After what I’ve seen today, I don’t think that I could be any more confused or shocked.”

Minho laughed dryly. Shay turned to him.

“Minho…what in the galaxy is this with my eyes?”

He shook his head as he replied, “I have no clue. It looks like they got to us too.”

Jisung ran his hand through his hair with exasperation. He had approached his limit. Crossing his arms, he stared at both of them, waiting for them to explain.

As Shay and Minho told him about what happened after they had left practice, Shay watched as the color slowly drained out of his face. By the time they had finished, he was sitting down, holding his head in his hands.

She exchanged a worried look with Minho.

Minho: He’s okay, jiyagi…give him a moment.

She exhaled.

“I am not going to get used to this easily.”

Jisung glanced up at her, confused.

“So Chan, Minho, and you can read minds.”

Minho tilted his head.

“To put it simply…”

Shay frowned.

“I think that it’s more like silent communication that we can only read. Like an invisible group chat. Otherwise I think that we would have seen more.”

Understanding dawned on Minho.

“That makes more sense now that you mention it.”

Jisung glanced back and forth at the two of them. He chuckled wryly.

“I know that you guys would never lie, but everything just seems so…”

“Crazy?”

“Insane?”

Jisung smiled.

“Yes.”

He was quiet for a moment before he murmured, “I still can’t wrap my head around Hyunjin being an AI. Well, the one that is here with us, that is.”

“We just suspect that he is. We need to prove it though.”

Jisung quirked an eyebrow at Shay.

“How do you suggest that we do that?”