chapter 8

"come on Maple!" Sally yelled, her, Maple, and Midnight were going to go try out a new dungeon. "So, what's the game plan?" Sally asked, "the plan is you go up front and attack, Maple will be protecting you, and then I'll be supporting you." Midnight explained. The trio enter the dungeon, but instead of facing a boss, in front of them was them but in shadow form. "Heh?" Maple asked, confused. Sally drew her weapon, well, both Sally's did. "Change of plan, Maple face shadow Sally, Sally face shadow Maple. If one of you defeats the other quickly, then help the other." Midnight said, she drew her arrow, letting it go, but her arrow hits the shadow's arrow.

"Of course, we mimic each other. "Sally! Stop moving, Maple, you too!" Midnight yelled, both sides were unable to do anything. As Midnight walked over to Sally, S!Midnight walked to S!Sally. "I've got to pretend to hit you, pretend to take damage." Midnight whispered, she drew her dagger, rising it above Sally, both Midnight's hit the Sally's, but normal Sally was just a clone  while S!Sally was real. "Sally, this is up to you now." Midnight said, if she moved more then they are dead. Sally walked over, hitting S!Midnight, but then it did damage to Midnight. "Then... we have to do the plan again." Midnight said, she walked over to Maple, "sorry." Midnight whispered, but Maple gave a glance of acknowledgment. Instead of stabbing Maple, she knew the dagger right at the wall, using rope she tied on, she forced the dagger to hit shadow her, doing damage to S!Midnight, and killing it. "We can do the same tactic I just did." Midnight offered, "sure." Sally said, Midnight walked over to Maple, used [teleport] to teleport her to a odd space. S!Maple didn't move. "Okay, Sally, throw one of your daggers." Midnight instructed, it destroyed Maple as Midnight used [fear], lowering S!Maple Defense, and her being on low health finished it.

"That wasn't hard, it was tedious." Midnight said, she was playing chess with Kanade, and moved her rook and checked Kanade's king. Seeing as this only leads to checkmate, Kanade forfeited. "Nice game." Kanade said, "eh? Oh, thanks." Midnight said, almost forgetting she was playing chess, "Kanade, do you have Othello?" Midnight asked, Kanade took it out as they chatted. "Midnight!" Mii yelled, interrupting the one sided game. "Mii!" Payne yelled. "What is it?" Midnight asked, moving another piece. "We want a rematch." Payne said, "maybe later, I'm on a winning streak in Othello." Midnight said, Kanade looked at them, then back at the game, moving two pieces around. Before anyone knew it, they were doing a mini chess tournament. Mii vs Payne, Midnight vs Kanade. "Check... mate" Midnight said, the game was finished, while the other game was still commencing. "Hey, I got to do something real quickly." Midnight said, running off.

"phew, I can combine moves now..."
[combine: clone and Phantom world:... phantom clone.] [phantom clone doubles how many clones you have.]
[combine: machine god and atrocity:... god of demons] [you turn into a giant demon, with mechanical parts. Triple the health of user, and quadruple the attack] (one a day. 50 mp)
[combine: atrocity and machine god:... unable to combine at low level.

"What?" Midnight muttered confused, she walked back and got ready for the next chess match against.... Payne! Quickly going into the game, Payne made a blunder, and Midnight quickly used that to her advantage. She had Payne's queen pined, and killed it with a rook, sacrificing it. Both sides were trying as hard as they could to win, but with Midnight a queen up, it was looking bad for Payne. She quickly trapped him and used her queen and bishop to finish off the job. "Check... mate." Midnight said, she yawned, checked the time and said, "I should probably go to bed."