Chapter 17

Sorry for disappearing, I was just out of ideas for a while, plus motivation.

"It's time for qualifications for the EUB. We all know the plan, right?" Midnight asked, "yeah, everyone be careful." Maple said. The Maple tree members nodded as they split up. The groups are Chrome, Mai, Yui. Iz, Kasumi, Kanade. Maple, Sally. Finally Midnight. Only the top 15 guilds will enter the EUB, and the Maple tree guild decided to split up to gain points quickly. Hordes come in waves, and the longer you are in an area, the harder the waves, at the end of every 5 waves, a boss will come.

"[guard aura]" Chrome said, enhancing his defense. Zombies came at Mai and Yui who were already occupied dealing with a wind spirit. Chrome ran behind them and blocked the zombies, then quickly used [shield attack] and it pierced through the zombies. "Thanks Chrome!" Mai yelled, Yui destroyed another zombie. On the rankings, Maple tree was tied with Holy Swords with Flame emperors right behind them both.

Iz threw a bomb at a giant machine, once the bomb exploded there was no track of the robot. "Why did we chose this floor?" Kanade asked, using a [fire ball] then a [ice spike rain] to soften them up for Kasumi who easily destroyed the robots. "Ask Iz." Kasumi said, not facing the duo as she dealt with more robots. "I chose this floor as Maple and Sally would have trouble in it, and Midnight was the only one who would be able to deal with the upper floors by herself." Iz said. "How are we on the rankings?" Kanade asked, "we are in... first place, barely ahead of Holy Swords, but we are pulling away." Iz said. Kasumi nodded and continued to cut down the robots.

"Behind you!" Maple yelled, they were on the first boss and it was going quite well. Maple used [cover move] and quickly blocked the damage going right for Sally. "Thanks!" Sally said, attacking the boss once more, but the boss quickly moved out of the way. "It's fast." Sally muttered, "[super speed] [light steps]" Sally said, she started to move faster and faster until she was much faster than the boss and she kept dealing nice bits of damage to the boss. Sally finished off the boss, and they continued onto wave six. "How are we on the leader board?" Sally asked, "we are 100 points ahead of Holy Swords."

Midnight was on the eight wave as she took out the hordes easily. She was in the air, out of the attacks of all the hordes, and using [black flame] to deal massive damage to all the hordes. It spread until everything was dying without Midnight doing anything. "I think I'm going to need to pick up some of these points..." Midnight muttered. She used [invincibility] and was picking up the points. "We are in... first place with Holy Swords about... 630 points behind."

"What do you mean Maple Tree just got 530 more points!?" Payne yelled, "erm, i was checking the leader board, it said that Maple tree was 100 points ahead. Then I blinked and then they were 630 points ahead." Dred said. "It has to be Midnight." Frederica said, "it really must be her, she's the most absurd of them all." Payne said, shaking his head.

"yeah, I'm guessing Midnight did that." Misery said, "she just got her guild 630 points in the span of what? 10? 5 seconds?" Mii asked, "yes, one of our members were checking on the leader board, and then Maple tree suddenly pulled ahead." Misery said. Mii just shook her head, blasting one of the zombies in the head. "She must be on a higher floor, maybe even a higher wave level." Shin deducted. "I agree." Misery said.

The three top guilds were working until their limbs fell off. The Flame Emperors got tired after an hour and thirty minutes. The Holy Swords started to slow after two hours. Maple tree started to slow at two hours as well, but they were in first and still pulling ahead quickly, making the gap huge.

"Where's Midnight?" Iz asked, "I texted her a while ago, but she didn't text back." Kasumi said, "do you think she needs help?" Yui asked, "she is probably fine, plus, our points are still rising, so she must still be collecting points." Kanade pointed out. "She'll be fine, as she is the best gamer in the world, this must be easy enough for her." Sally said, she was relaxed as she looked around the base, but Maple could tell that she was looking for any signs of Midnight. "What waves did everyone get to?" Maple asked. "Ah, my group got to wave 23." Chrome said, "barely worse than us, we failed to defeat the boss on wave 25." Iz said. "Me and Sally got to wave 35 before we got tired." Maple revealed. The group sat in silence afterwards, waiting for Midnight.

"finally. Wave 68 complete." Midnight muttered, "I should meet up with the others." She stopped the waves and collected everything she missed. "Great job, Blizzard, Flame." She said as she let her dragons rest. 'My health is fine, Mp a little low.' Midnight though as she traveled back to the guild house. When she arrived Sally quickly grabbed her her and shoulders and said "if you are going to make us wait 5 minutes longer, tell us." Midnight nodded, "what wave did you get?" Mai asked, "ah, just finished wave 68." Midnight said. Everyone just stared at her as they could hear each others breathing because of the silence. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN WAVE 68!?" Her guild yelled, "we barely got to wave 23." Chrome muttered.

"You, young lady, need to rest." Sally said, "what do you mean? I only stopped because I was bored." Midnight said, everyone took critical damage and all laid on the floor (Maple) or their heads on the table. "Anyways, how are we doing on the leader board?" Midnight asked, "oh, we have 41,937 points." Iz said, "AND HOLY SWORDS HAS 4842 POINTS... AND THEY ARE IN SECOND PLACE!" Maple yelled, surprised at the high number they had, and the low number Holy Swords had.

"okay, how many points do we have?" Payne asked, Frederica, Dred, and Drag were sitting at a table with him. "We have 4842 points, sitting at second place. Flame Emperors has 3874 points in third place. Maple tree has... seriously?" Drag asked, looking at the leader board. "What does Maple tree have?" Frederica asked, "they have... 41,937 points." Dred said, Payne suddenly slammed his head into the table.

"Shin, how manny points do we have, and how many points to the people ahead of us have?" Mii asked, "Holy swords has 4842 points, they are second place. We have 3874 points and are in third place. Finally..." Shin stopped talking at stared at the number Maple Tree had. "How many points?" Misery asked, Markus stepped in for Shin who froze and said. "Maple tree in first place has... 41,937 points." Markus revealed. Mii then suddenly stood up. "Mii?" Misery asked, "I am going to borrow Midnight." Mii announced as she quickly walked out of the room. "I don't think Maple tree would let her, but let her do what she wants."

"Midnight!!!!" Mii yelled, knocking down the door of Maple tree. 'She must really need something if she yelled that loudly.' Midnight thought, "two things." Mii said, out of breath. "O-Kay?" Midnight said, "one, what is your individual score?" Mii asked, "its... 39,876" Midnight said, "okay, now will you help Flame Emperors get to second place?" Mii asked, "nope, she is currently being forced to rest." Iz said, walking out from the second floor. "Fine." Midnight said, turning into a fox once more and jumped back into her spot in Sally's turtle neck. Sally moved slightly in her sleep, but in the end, just leaned onto Maple's shoulder. Iz quickly took a photo of the trio as Mii died from how cute the three looked. "Never mind, Midnight needs her rest for sparring later." Mii said, Iz just shook her head as the leader of Flame Emperors walked out.