chapter 13

Midnight's fox form⬆️

        Everyone was separated, Midnight found herself with Mii. "Give me a moment." Midnight said, she quickly texted her guild.

                                                                                        Best three guilds

Midnight: I am with Mii. I can teleport us all to a safe spot, want to make a truce with Holy Swords and Flame

Midnight: Emperors?

Sally: why not, I'm with Frederica.

Maple: sure! I'm with Payne!

Kanade: me and Iz are with Dred and Drag.

Mai: me, Yui, and Chrome are with Misery, Markus, and Shin.

        "do we want to make a truce? Most of my members are with Flame Emperors and Holy Swords." Midnight said, "yeah, I don't want to fight you." Mii said, "Kay, hold my hand." Midnight said. Midnight used [teleport] and got everyone together. She then teleported to a cave. "The waves will start soon. So we will set up traps in this elaborate maze, just text a member of your team if you get lost." Midnight said, everyone grabbed some traps and got ready to relax. "Uno." Midnight said, "hah!?" Payne, Mii, Sally, and Maple yelled. "No!" "Someone stop her!" "Why?!" "How in the world!?" The other four players were now crying in the corner, Midnight had won all 6 games they played. "Chess tournament!" Kanade yelled.

        It was simple for Midnight, she easily beat Misery, then Sally. It was then decided that Midnight would be the final boss. "Check" Midnight said, it was a four way game of chess. Payne vs Mii vs Kanade, vs Midnight. they all tried to team up against Midnight, but it was easily broken by Payne attacking Kanade. "Check mate. Mii's out." Midnight announced. "Ah?!" Mii yelled, then it was Payne, who was checkmated my Kanade. Kanade and her only had 1 queen, 5 pawns, and a rook. Midnight sacrificed her queen though. "Why did she do that?" Mii asked, only to see Midnight consecutively check Kanade into a corner with her rook, and then checkmated Kanade with a simple pawn and king. "And check... mate" Midnight announced. "Ah! That was a great game!" Kanade announced, a loud explosion came from the tunnels, inside there was a giant skeleton army and a void dragon. "Mii, Maple, Payne. Follow me to beat these bosses please." Midnight said, the squad moved out.

        "Kay. Midnight, game plan?" Maple asked, "Payne, you and Maple work together to distract the two dragons, me and Mii will give support." Midnight said. The group in the relaxation rooms were watching them through a camera. "[Artemis's blessing]! Midnight yelled, her own skeleton dragon came and started to fight the army so they can focus on the void dragon. Midnight aimed her bow, she knew she always hit her target, but... "[devour]" this was too big of a risk to not take with the others not being there. She shot the arrow, it flew at sonic speeds and hit the boss right in the head, piercing through it's skull. The boss turned into tiny purple data, then disappeared. "[teleport]" Midnight said, teleporting them all out. "Why didn't you go by yourself if you were going to use devour?" Mii asked, "erm, as it was a void dragon, it had a chance of negating all effects and charging right at the person who hit it... no mater what." Midnight said. The others nod in realization. Everything after that was fine, no bigger monsters appeared, and all the small ones were decimated. that was until a giant foot almost stepped on Midnight. It went through the floor, and ruined their relaxing break. "Blizzard, Flame [awaken] carry everyone out of here!" Midnight ordered, using [flight] she flew with them. "You see how big that boss it... right?" Payne said. "I wouldn't be able to do anything, even with [machine god] and [atrocity]" Maple said, "I can kill it, but I need everyone to help the other players to get as far away as you can." Midnight said. "How? You heard Maple, and look at it!" Kasumi questioned. "She said she couldn't. But I combined [atrocity] and [machine god] a while ago." Midnight said, "I can by you exactly... 1 minute." Midnight said, she got to the edge of the cliff. "Remember, get as far away as you can."

        "[god of demons]!" Midnight yelled. She became a 50 meter demon, guns and rail guns were sticking out of her. She stood tall against the boss, triple her hight. She then did the stupidest thing in the world: charge right at the boss while yelling out the moves. "[phantom world] [clone] [phantom clone] light steps] [super speed][god speed][flare accel][strengthen][fear]!" Midnight burned through the biggest amount of mp that had ever existed. 50 of her were running light speed with extra strength. "It had been 50 seconds. Everyone is far away, right?" Iz asked, "yeah. Do you know what she'll do?" Kanade asked, "something stupid." Sally said, "hey! Don't be rude!" Maple said, "but it is true." Kasumi said, "she does stupid stuff, so we don't have to." Chrome said.

        "Erm... it's time. I hope I had a good run. [self-destruct]!!!" Light. That was all anyone could see. That was everything Midnight could see. That was until her passive skill [guardian of the air] kicked in. She laid in the crater she had created seconds ago. Her eyes were counting the stars as she was too tied to close ear eyes, and too tired to move. The crater was 100 meters by 100 meters, and was 50 meters in the earth. She could hear her friends yelling her name. But she was too tired to do anything.

        "Midnight?" Sally asked, the light blinded everyone, and when it died down, they saw the large cater Midnight had created. Their jaws drop, until Maple remembered this: "has Midnight activated [guardian of the air]?" Maple asked, "no?" Sally said, "then she's alive." Kasumi said, the three guilds run into the crater, looking for their savior and leader. Maple and Sally found Midnight, laying in the middle. Clearly tired, she didn't even move her head. "Midnight?" Maple asked, "I'm... *cough* alive" Midnight barely whispered, she finally gave up, and turned into a fox. Sally picked up Midnight, and placed her in her spot in her scarf.

                                                                                Best three guilds

Sally: me and Maple found Midnight, going to take her to the guild house.

Mii: Flame Emperors are going there.

Payne: so it Holy Swords.

        Everyone relaxed at the party, and Midnight was still out like a night light. "That's how we met Kasumi!" Maple said, telling the story to Payne and Mii. "How do you guys know Midnight?" Sally asked, "erm... we kind of all met during the night, grinding, and decided to grind together. We in the end worked together and decided to friend each other, if you think our schedule is strict, then look at Midnight." Payne said. "Yeah, she has about 500+ hours in every MMORPG and in this game. 1000+ hours." Mii said. "1,009 hours actually." Midnight said, she was moving a bit in the scarf, but all that she did was get comfortable. "Hey... can I... ... pet you?" Kasumi asked, "why not?" Midnight said, she moved so she was slightly visible to the others, and Kasumi started to pet Midnight. Before anyone knew it, they all had pet Midnight once.