Chapter 9

"Come on!" Maple yelled, ushering her guild to the large tower. "We've got to try the tower!" Maple said. Everyone followed behind her, while Midnight tried to think if they should split up or not. Once they all had gotten there, it showed that there had to be 5 or more people in the tower. "Guess we have to go all together." Midnight mumbled. they registered and entered the tower. In the first floor, they had to open the boss door, but Midnight stopped them. "Guys, we need a game plan." Midnight said, "that is important." Kanade said, "Sally, Kasumi, you two are our fastest members aside from me, you will be up front attacking. Maple, user [cover move] and protect them. Kanade, how much mana do you have?" Midnight asked, "we have a total of 50,000 mp." Kanade said, "okay, Mai, Yui, go in when I tell you to as you have low health," "understood!" The duo yelled. "Chrome, your job is to protect Mai and Yui when they run in, and to get them out. Kanade, Iz, you'll be providing support and potions. I'll do what I can." Midnight said, the others nodded and all got ready for the fight of today.

        Once they entered the room, there was nothing, the door shut behind them and they all drew their weapons. The earth rumbled, and Midnight realized they are fighting a underground boss. "Change or plan, Chrome, get ready to protect Mai and Yui 24/7, Maple, Sally, and Kasumi keep moving. Kanade, Iz, step back until your back hits the wall." Midnight ordered, the guild did as told and the earth shook as a giant sandy dragon with yellow spikes on his back emerged from the ground. "Quickly! Maple, get ready to protect Kasumi, Sally, get ready to dodge!" Midnight yelled, the boss had roared, forcing all their stats to lower. "[flight], [strengthen]!" Midnight started to fly, and using strengthen rose all their stats, "[power-" Midnight loaded her bow, getting ready to fire, "-attack]!" The attack did 29% of the boss's health. "Kanade, get ready and use [fire ball] on my mark!" Midnight dodged the boss's [slash] and flew above it. "{combine: [super speed] and [god speed]} [hyper speed]."

[hyper speed] allows the user to triple their speed. (15 mp)

        "Get ready! [Light steps] [hyper speed] [super speed] [god speed] Kanade now! [black flame]!" Midnight now moved at speeds previously unknown, no one, not even Sally could keep up with the speed she was flying at. Kanade used [fire ball] and midnight hit it with [black flame]. [black flame consumed Kanade's fire ball, and became huge. it hit the boss and did a total of 51% of it's health. It buried under ground as it was low hp. "Mai, Yui, use [quake]! Chrome, guard!" Midnight ordered. They did so, and did 20% of the boss's health. It rose from the ground, and then roared again. It used [sand storm] and clouded everyone's vision. 'Don't move at all' Midnight said telepathically. No one moved, or spoke, too surprised at the sudden voice of Midnight. The sand storm started to drift away. Leaving everyone open, quickly reacting, Midnight used [strengthen] and [apollo's blessing] hitting it right in the head, the boss died, and the party was saved.

        "Phew, that was hard." Everyone was panting, well, everyone but Midnight was panting. "You know, maybe I should have slept in." Kanade said, "okay, that was risky, at least it worked through, it shows we are the fastest team to beat that," Midnight pointed out. "Let's go to the next floor!" Maple announced.

        The team opened the second floor, and they came face to face with a book. "[fire ball]" Kanade said, trying something out, but instead of doing damage, the book absorbed the move and used it against them. "Don't use ability's! Just physical moves!" Midnight yelled, she took our her dagger, and quickly slashed at it, damaging it. Kasumi followed suit and used her katana, slicing it. "We aren't doing enough damage, buffs?" Maple suggested, "no, the book will use it against us." Midnight explained, a huge fire ball came their way, and Maple quickly blocked it. "Sally, can you carry Maple and quickly move her around so she can be blocking Kasumi, Iz, and Kanade? Chrome, protect Mai and Yui." Midnight said. The team defeated it slowly, and still got the fastest time.