chapter 16

Btw I am calling Midnight, y/n as she is no longer on new world. Ps. I can't update normally on Tuesday and Thursday as soccer practice, and I also have games on Saturday, so I won't be able to update much until soccer season ends. I hope you can bare with me here

        Everyone in Maple tree decided to go and fight all the boss's by themselves to see if they get any unusual abilities. Well, if you couldn't you couldn't always ask for help, and that is what Chrome did. "Sorry about asking you guys." Chrome said, he asked Mai, Yui, Iz, and Kanade for help. "It's fine, one of us would have probably asked for help anyways." Iz said, they entered. {This isn't cannon as i can't find any boss floor ;( } there was a giant goblin. Instead of it having a small dagger, it took out a giant broadsword. "How much health?" Iz asked, "... 1,000" Kanade said. Everyone just kind of stood there as Mai and Yui one shot it. "I guess I was worried for nothing." Chrome said.

        The next floor was a haunted floor, and let's say Sally didn't have fun there. "C-come on! Let's just go and defeat the boss!" Sally yelled, Midnight was there as Sally didn't want to go alone. "Okay." Midnight said, but she knew she was going back to get immunity's later. The boss was a werewolf, and it had 5,000 hp. Sally and Midnight easily finished it off by spamming [slash] [double slash] [triple slash] and [quadruple slash].

        The fourth boss floor was all about ocean. Kasumi didn't really like it, but lived through and got to the giant whale boss. It had 9,000 hp, and Kasumi dealt with it easily enough. The blubber in the second phase wasn't real nice to sharp objects, so Kasumi just decided to just the backside of her sword, and easily defeated it.

        Maple breezed through the floors, and really, there weren't any cool moves. "There went any cool moves." Maple said, sighing. The others caught up and were all relaxing in the cafe. That was until they heard Midnihgt getting up. "Eh? Midnight, you going somewhere?" Sally asked, "oh." Midnight said, "I wanted to go back to the previous floors and get a few immunity's-" before Midnight could finish, Payne started to drag Midnight. "I'm stealing Midnight, I'll bring her back in about an hour." Payne said.

        "So you grabbed me away from grinding just so I could help organize a party?" Midnight asked, "yeah, I don't know who to bring-" before Payne could finish, Midnight said, "you should take Frederica as she can support you far away. You should also take a healer just in case with back up's waiting for your orders." Midnight said, Payne nodded, but before Midnight could leave, Mii grabbed her. "Yes Mii?" Midnight asked, it was getting a tiny bit aggravating on how she kept getting dragged everywhere. "Misery and I need your help with this quest puzzle." Mii said, "what is it?" Midnight asked, "it's about death. It asked us what the fact or process of ending or being brought to the end." Misery said. "It's cessation. You just described cessation." Midnight said. She was once again about to walk away until Frederica walked up to her.

        "You want to duel me?" Midnight asked, "yeah." Frederica said, they didn't talk a lot to each other. Either way, Midnight joined in the duel. Using her daggers, Midnight quickly closed the distance between her and Frederica. "[fire ball]!" Frederica yelled, Midnight dodged it, and was about to use [a thousand and one cuts] but Frederica blocked her path with [fire wall]. This didn't discourage Midnight as she used [teleport] and got behind Frederica. Quickly using [a thousand and one cuts] Midnight finished Frederica off. "Great match." Midnight said. "Good match." Frederica said. Before Midnight could even think about going to the fourth floor, she was texted by Sally.

                                                     Privet chat between Midnight, Kanade and Sally

Sally: sorry for bothering, but do you know what PneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosiS is?

Kanade: I keep telling her it's a lung disease.

Midnight: it's a lung disease.

        Midnight sighed. She liked hanging out with her friends, but sometimes they were a lot to handle. She was about to log off, then she stopped. 'Stop it y/n, just because your friends are being annoying doesn't mean you leave.' Midnight closed her tab, and got to the fourth floor. She entered the water started to drown, getting {water immunity: weak}. She had hid her health so the others wouldn't know what she was doing... that was until the started to chat in Le Maple tree chat.

Kasumi: Midnight, are u okay? Your health is hidden.

Midnight: yeah, I'm fine. I should prob go offline.

Iz: wai-

        Midnight left the game. She was tired. She walked over to her kitchen and started to drink tea. Yeah, the others are probably concerned, but she was tired of talking. It's Nov 14, and y/n was going to have to play in a tournament on the 15. It was about 9 pm, and it would start at 6 am. Y/n left to her bed, did her teeth and everything else, and slept.

        "hey, where"s Midnight?" Sally asked, "we don't know." Iz said. Currently there was a fight between Mii and Payne, Midnight would normally be there to stop them, this time through, no one was stopping them. "Where's Midnight?" Payne asked, "I... actually don't know." Mii said. They checked if she was even online, which she was not. "She is always online." Mii said, "maybe she has something big to do today?" Payne offered.

        Payne was right, currently y/n was competing in a tournament. They make the players chose new accounts and had them grind for 5 hours. When it was over, y/n came out on top. Winning the tournament easily. "I wonder what the others are doing..." y/n said.

        Mii, Misery, Payne, Maple, Sally, and Kasumi were now all pacing in Maple tree. They were the only ones online and wondering if Midnight was okay or not. The group continued to pace, and no one else could calm them down. Y/n came home and got onto the game, only to be crowded by the 6 people.

"Where were you?"

"why didn't you log in?"

"you weren't online at the normal time."

"you scared us!"

"please, tell us when you won't be online."

"you worried us all"

        The six were bombarding Midnight, only for her to raise her hand. "I was playing in a tournament, I couldn't contact you, as I would have revealed this account, stopping us from playing together." Midnight explained. "Okay... but n-" "yes, I will tell you before I go next time." Midnight said, grinning. "Now let me get all the immunity's in the game."

I am going to take a break from writing as I am having a big speech tournament coming up, I also have three different soccer tournaments. I will try and upload every week, but I may not be able.

Date: 1/4/24

I am so sorry for disappearing, but I lost all motivation, but I will try and get back into this. I would also love some help with a few things. So can you please in the comment section write numbers in the hundred thousands to hundreds (or vise versa)