Chapter 4

It wasn't really shocking. It was supposed to be inevitable, right? Like the sun would rise the following morning, and Jennie would forget to lock her damn apartment door.

The sex talk was inevitable.

"I...I think we should have the talk."

The initial shock wasn't as bad.

"Hmm?" Jennie hummed, turning towards Rosie.
"What talk?"

"The sex talk."

Rosie's lips were numb when she uttered the words, as if they were taboo, like a child in primary school. She twiddled her thumbs like a reproached schoolchild.

Jennie's eyes widened and she paused the show, eyes freezing when she noticed it happened to be in the middle of one of Game of Throne's many risqué sex scenes.

"Well...that's fitting." Jennie muttered as she promptly shut the screen off, not missing Rosie's reddened cheeks.

Jennie then turned to her, legs dangling off the couch, as she and Rosie were just inches apart.

"Rosie...listen very carefully." Jennie spoke, and Rosie's eyes were fixated on the lips that had just uttered the command, as she found herself licking her own.

Rosie nodded just a bit, a signal that she understood.

"Well, Rosie..." Jennie sighed. "When two people love each other very very much..." Jennie smirked, doing her best impression of an elementary school teacher trying to describe intercourse to her students.

Rosie smacked Jennie on the arm, eyes narrowing in response as a hidden smile graced her full lips.

"Ow!" Jennie rubbed her arm, frowning. "What was that for?"

"I know what sex is, Jen." Rosie rolled her eyes. "I meant...what about...our sex? How do we..." Rosie was fumbling for the correct terminology, and Jennie was enjoying every damn second.

Jennie's smirk returned. "I like to think you're a top, but-"

Another slap on the arm.

"Christ, Jennie..." Rosie bit her lip in embarrassment. "Not what I meant."

Jennie sighed, smiling still. "Okay, okay. I couldn't resist."

Rosie cocked her head to the side. "I...what's our stance on it? And ...public displays of affection in general?"

Jennie grinned. "Pro-sex, obviously."

Rosie rolled her eyes, rising. "If you're not going to take this seriously..."

"Rosie, wait! I'm sorry." Jennie's apology wasn't enough to stop her.

Jennie pulled her back down, perhaps with a bit too much force, as Rosie fell backwards into Jennie's lap.

Both girls froze, hearts hammering, chests rising and falling particularly quickly.

"See?" Jennie breathed. "Top."

Rosie immediately blushed at feeling Jennie's breath on her exposed neck.

"So...we're...comfortable with it?" Rosie asked meekly.

Jennie cocked a brow. "What's got you so worked up about this? You're never this...jumpy."

Rosie's rebuttal was fair. "You said that your friends would ask this kind of stuff."

Jennie smirked. "Oh yeah. That's not entirely out of the realm of possibility."

"So, we need to get our story straight." Rosie cleared her throat. "Like...our intimate story."