Chapter 9

ALPHA SAMSON

The walk back up through the cells was quiet until we got outside when loud growls erupted as we stepped outside.

My eyes scanned around and found all the pack members out in force. The ones in the forest were there but further back behind the others. They said nothing. But the rest were chanting, "Murderer."

I glared at them, but the chanting only worsened when Jenson stepped outside with my mate in his arms. "She needs to be punished for what she did," someone shouted.

"She needs to be put to death," another yelled.

Savage growled.

"Don't believe them," he grunted, but I said nothing.

Why would they say something like that?

What the hell would she have done?

Who could she have killed?

I looked around and made eye contact with all the alphas who seemed to be staring at me. But they all had blank faces. I knew I had to tell them what was happening when I had the chance, but all I could think about was my mate.

Alpha Karl was with his trusted three friends, shaking their heads at me. Well, not all of the three. Alpha Martin was staring, but it wasn't at me—more like at my mate.

A low growl rumbled through me.

People started pushing and shoving us, but I stepped back and let Savage come through. He came up close and joined me. "ENOUGH!" we shouted, making all pack member stop their noise and stare at us with wide eyes.

Letting my alpha aura slip through made them all grimace until they bared their necks at us. Savage growled loudly but moved back.

Scanning around the crowds, I made sure I could see everyone. "Move," I growled.

All pack members parted ways but were quiet. Many glared toward me, even toward Jenson and my mate, until we reached where Paul had parked the car. When we got closer, Paul climbed out of the driver's side and opened the back door. His eyes scanned around until he looked at me. I stopped and looked back toward Jenson, who seemed tense again. I raised my eyebrows, but he wasn't looking at

me.

Who the hell caught his attention? We needed to go, not fuck about.

Feeling eyes on me, I looked over at Alpha Karl, who was still glaring at me. Savage growled, staying close. He didn't trust anyone here, that was for sure.

The corners of my lips curled up into a smirk. "Not going to say anything," I asked, arching my eyebrows at him. "You had plenty to say down there."

Alpha Karl stared at me but said nothing. My eyes looked around until they landed on Gamma Ryan, who came close with someone.

Savage stared. "Looks like we might have an actual reason to take the girl," he muttered, making me look confused. His mood was still in the anger stage, but there was a slight humor there, which only made me look at the girl. My eyes moved back to Jenson, who suddenly locked eyes with the girl beside Gamma Ryan.

"MATE!" they both shouted.

Well, that was something. We had a perfect reason to take her now. Alpha Karl would have to answer to the other alpha's if he denied my beta his mate. He would have to have a valid reason for her not to leave with us.

Jenson stared at her. I looked toward Gamma Ryan, who looked relieved. His eyes went to Alpha Karl, who looked even more pissed. I looked at the alpha and noticed his expression. The corners of my lips curled up into a grin, and I stepped closer to Jenson, keeping my eyes focused on Alpha Karl. "Get in the car with our Luna," I muttered, making a few pack members gasp at the word. "Your mate, too. Get in the car."