Chapter 26

ALORA

Moving in the softness made me let a moan slip past my lips and move again till I turned onto my side. My eyes slowly moved until I opened them and looked toward the window.

What the hell?

I wasn't here last night, and then flashbacks of what happened came flooding in, which made me scrunch my nose up while I remembered climbing out of the window and trying to get away from wherever I was.

Memories flew through until they came to one, which made me shudder. An image of the massive wolf in the forest. The way it was looking at me. I have never seen a wolf like it before. How the hell does a wolf get that big?

Voices came muffled from somewhere, which brought me back to the present.

"Any sign of her waking up?" a man asked. "I have to tell the alpha."

My eyes flew open, and I looked ahead toward the window. I blinked a few times before I moved back onto my back and stared at the ceiling.

All the walls and everything were white. I let my eyes scan around where I was to get a feel for where I was, but it all looked like before. There was nothing in the room to show anything, not even pictures.

My eyes went back to the window, and I noticed a massive difference from what I had seen before. It looked like I was in the treetops and closer to the sky, whereas before, I could see the forest line and other trees.

Wherever I was, it was the same room I was before.

Muffled sounds came from behind the door, which made me look at it. My heart was beating so hard in my chest that I thought it would explode.

Taking a slight chance to understand better who was coming in, I moved up and sat up. My eyes scanned around until they landed on what I was in—a bed. I haven't had one in so long, not since my mother was alive.

When I thought of her, I felt a slight break in my heart, but this was not the place to do that. I had to figure out where I was and who was in charge, then get out of here.

The door handle moved, which made me look back at the door and stare. I knew I had to be brave, but my eyes looked around again. But there was no sign of Nala. Where was she?

Before I could move, the door opened, and a man walked in, making my heart rate spike again. Fear crippled me while my eyes stayed on the man who only stepped into the room and stopped when his eyes met mine and widened.

"Luna," he whispered, which made my eyebrows furrow.

Luna? I was no Luna.

The man took a step closer, which only made me move up in the bed, which made him stop short. His hands went up like he was surrendering to something.

"Sorry," he mumbled and stared at me. "It's okay. There is no need to be scared. No one here wants to hurt you. You are safe."

My body shakes slightly at his words. I had never felt any comfort before, but they were just words and nothing more. They used to mean something when it came to my mother since she was the only one who would tell me I was safe when I was with her, and I was until what happened to her. That's when all my issues started. I was nothing to the man who was my father, not even his daughter. I had no love for him like he had none for me.

"Alora," someone called, which made me look toward the door where the man who had spoken was staring at me, but now he had a weird look on his face like he wasn't with me, but my eyes went to the voice, which was another man, but he wore a white coat.

His hands went up in surrender as he stepped closer to the side of my bed. I moved slightly while looking around, trying to find somewhere to run or hide.

"It's okay, young Luna," the man in the white coat said, making me look at him with wide eyes again at the mere mention of the name. I knew what that name meant, but it couldn't be for me. It was for my mother. I was not an alpha or Luna, not with a wolf of my own.

The man looked at me while I looked at the other man who had first come in and stared at him. His eyes were back to normal now, and he was staring with a smile. "I'm Paul," he said, placing his hand on his chest, and looked over at the other man with a smile. That is our pack doctor, Doc."

Looking back at Doc, his face lit up into a smile while he looked back at me. "We know your name," he said and moved his head to the side. Is it okay for me to check the tubes in your hand? We have been feeding you that way since you came to us from your pack."

I said nothing, too scared to speak, but gave Doc a slight nod. My eyes stayed on him, and I watched his every move to me. I moved slightly away when he came near, which made his face soften slightly, and kept a smile on his lips, reassuring me what he was doing was okay.

His hand went to mine, which made me tense slightly, just as he had looked over the tube in my hand. He looked it over and then looked at me with a smile. "This is for the fluids we give you," he said, which made me look at the tube again and then back at him. "Now, the one in your nose is fine, but when you are comfortable, we will give you some proper food and do small amounts at a time."

I said nothing, keeping my eyes on what Doc was doing. His hands didn't touch me, only when he looked at my hand. He just made sure everything was okay before he stepped back and smiled. "It seems you have healed nicely," he said, looking back at me. "Which makes me wonder if you can heal like us."

I stared at him, trying to figure that one out. That must be why Madaline and whoever was torturing me would leave me for hours. They ensured that I was healed up before repeating it all again.

Keeping my eyes on Doc, I forgot all about Paul, who had now come closer to the bed. I looked up, and my eyes widened. I stared and tried to move, but he took a step back and held his hands back in surrender. "I promise I won't hurt you," he said. "I just wanted to tell you the Alpha and some others are on their way here," he said, which made my stomach churn.

The alpha was coming here.

I felt sick. What the hell was I going to do now?