Chapter 10

BETA JENSON

My mind was a mess, but the scent beside me calmed me.

Luke, my wolf, howled in excitement at the fact that she was our mate.

My mind was racing over that my best friend, since we were kids, had finally found his mate. It was the way he found her that made it hard to process.

Being the first person to see my Luna like that, was hard. The scent of blood made my stomach churn. The way the chains held her, it looked like it just happened with the fresh blood.

Taking her down from the chains and placing her in my arms, there was nothing of her. She weighed like a feather.

"Mate," Luke whispered, pulling me from the thoughts. My eyes went to the woman next to me. Her eyes were on the woman in my arms, but her eyes were blank. "She is talking to her wolf," Luke murmured.

Maybe they can tell us what the hell happened to our Luna. I wondered why her pack would act toward her and what they shouted, Murderer? Who the hell could she have killed? There was barely anything of her.

When Samson asked my mate and me to get into the car while he sorted out the final arrangements with the alpha, even though Alpha Karl acted weird about the whole thing. We took our seats in the car and stayed quiet. I wanted to talk to her, but my mate seemed to be too far away from me.

"It's to do with the Luna," Luke murmured, making me look down in my lap.

The woman in my lap was alive but still out cold. Her face was dirty, and her hair was matted. The clothes she wore were rags. Placing the sheet around her to keep her cool, but it was something you would throw on the base of the bed.

The door slammed on the car, which made me look up to see Alpha Samson staring. He said nothing, but his eyes were on the woman in my lap.

Luke moved closer and looked at him. "He's concerned," he whispered, but I ignored him. His eyes stayed on her, but he told Paul to drive.

Paul started to drive away and headed away from the pack. While sitting here, I noticed a few alphas leave during the show, but part of me knew they would stand by our alpha. No one messed with him, and the threat I heard Alpha Karl make before Samson closed the door seemed to be more to it.

Once I knew we were on the road back and away from the pack, I stared at Alpha Samson, who seemed deep in thought. "Are you going to hold her?" I blurt out, making him look at me with a

frown. His eyes leave mine and look back at the woman.

Feeling the tension in the air, I sighed. "Alpha," I murmured. "She's your mate. You should hold her. You may even help her heal."

Clearing his throat, he looked back at me. "I don't want to hurt her," he whispered, moving slightly till he placed his hands under her knees and around her. He easily lifted her, even though a child probably could carry her. He leaned back in the seat, moving into position.

A low growl rumbled through him, making my mate tense beside me. Shifting closer to her, I place my hand in hers. As soon as my hand touched her skin, tingles went through us. My mate, who seemed in a daze, looked up at me with wide eyes, but her gaze returned to our Luna.

"Why is she so light?" Alpha Samson growled. His hand went to her hair. I watched him move some out of her face. I had never seen him so gentle. "She has a head injury. We need to tell Oliver and the pack doctor."

I said nothing but opened a mind link to Oliver.

"Ol," I murmured. "You better make sure that doctor is ready with everything."