Chapter 1: Where am I..?

You sighed in annoyance as you finished ringing up another customer and they leave. You worked a dead end retail job, and you hated every part of it. You honestly hated every part of your own life, actually. You had family, but they didn't talk to you anymore. You don't even know why, they just cut contact with you the moment you graduated high school. You were now a broke college student, and did nothing but go to school and work.

"R/N! your shift is over, go home!" You hear your boss yell to you before going back in his office. He didn't have to tell you twice, you quickly you quickly clocked out and went out to your car. You sat in the driver's seat, scrolling through your phone and shopping, when you come across this VR headset selling for a pretty cheap price. It came with a game, The Amazing Digital Circus. You say to yourself, "Huh, why not?" and order the headset. You then start your car, and begin your drive home. Surprisingly, the headset was already at your doorstep. But you didn't really question it, picking up the box and walking in your apartment. It wasn't a great place, fairly old, but it was good enough. Better than living in the college dorms; at least you figured. You're never actually seen your college dorms. You took a microwave pizza out of your freezer, threw it into the microwave and sat down on your beat-up couch while it cooked. While you waited, you took the headset and game out of its packaging. It looked rather old, but for the price you got it for, that was understandable. The game seemed cute, a little circus RPG, and you set both of the items down next to your computer so you could hook it up later. Beep!! Beep!! Beep!! the microwave alerted you that your pizza was done, so you got up off the couch to grab it. you then went right back to the couch to eat your pizza, burning your tongue a bit. "ow!! Fuck!!" you exclaimed. should've let the shit cool down. So you do, waiting about 5 minutes before going back and eating. once you finished, you ignored any schoolwork you may have and went straight to the VR headset. you plugged it into your computer and booted up the game. you secured the headset to your face, it was a bit tight but not uncomfortable. But once you put it on, a bright white light assaulted your eyes. you screamed, and then, started falling...and falling...and falling...until you landed roughly, and groaned in pain. once you opened your eyes, you weren't in your apartment anymore. everything was so...colorful...almost painfully colorful. Where...am I? You try to take the headset off, but its not there anymore. your hands just touch skin, and you start to panic. multiple strange objects circle around over your head, such as a teapot and an...AN EYEBALL!? Ok, really panicking now. you stand up and walk cautiously, but run into someone, yelling and falling over again. you look up to see a periwinkle rabbit looking back at you, smirking mischievously. his eyes were yellow, as well as his teeth and the gloves on his hands. he sported pink overalls that had one pocket on his chest, which was slightly lighter than the rest of the overalls. 

"Hey Sweetheart~" he said, that stupid smirk never leaving his face. you hated him already. You scoffed and stood up, dusting yourself off and crossing your arms as you looked up at him, your eyes narrowed in annoyance. "Don't call me sweetheart, Bunny boy." you retaliated, stomping your foot on the ground. He rolled his eyes in response, putting his hands behind his head and walking off. You shook your head at him and snarled quietly, but quickly was startled by what you guessed was the ringleader of this circus. He was a literal mouth with eyes behind his teeth, and he wore a red and black suit. He also had a black tophat and a long black and golden cane.

"WELLWELLWELL, A NEWCOMER!! WELCOME, MY DEAR, TO THE AMAZING DIGITAL CIRCUS!!! MY NAME IS CAINE, THE RINGLEADER OF THIS MAGICAL PLACE OF WONDER!!" He exclaimed excitedly, genuinely freaking you out by his excitement. How could he be so damn happy right now? You walked backwards away from him slowly, as if he was some sort of threat to you. "Ooooookayyyyy...thanks for the rundown...how the f#!k do I-wait...huh?" you were gonna ask how you get out, but your cursing being censored distracted you. Caine shook his head, almost seeming disappointed in you. "Now now my dear, cursing is not permitted in the digital circus!! It is a place to be enjoyed by ALL ages!!" he reprimanded you, and you rolled your eyes. "Whatever, how do I leave this place?" you asked, and his jaw drops. Thats when more characters show up. A ragdoll with a blue button for one eye, a ribbon...thing with a comedy/tragedy mask for her face, a king chess piece with a purple mantle on, and...honestly this last one you can only describe as a take-apart-put-back-together-toy kinda creature, from like, the 2000s.

"Well newstuff, thats sorta the thing...you...can't exactly leave." the ragdoll says to you, and your eyes starts twitching at this information. "What. the F*%k. do you mean." you say, even though you heard her perfectly fine. "She means what she said sweetheart. Theres no way out. You're stuck here with the rest of us, including me~" the rabbit says to you, and this makes you absolutely lose it. You already didn't like him, but now he's just pissing you off. You try to attack him, but the ragdoll held you back before you could. You kicked and punched, trying to get out of her grasp, screaming at her, "LET ME GO!! I'M GONNA BEAT THAT STUPID F*&%ING RABBIT I SWEAR!!" she struggles to hold you back and the rabbit is laughing hysterically, which only pisses you off more. "JAX QUIT IT!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" she says to the rabbit, who just keeps laughing. He wipes his tears and sighs, trying to stop his laughing. "I-I'm sorry Ragatha, but that's just HILARIOUS!! Little pipsqueak thinks she can beat me!!" he says, before he starts laughing again. You snarl in anger but calm yourself down enough that Ragatha lets you go. "Stupid f*$%ing rabbit, I could beat his a#! easily." you say to yourself, and Jax just ignores it. Ragatha glares at him before smiling softly at you, "so you obviously know me, Jax and Caine. The chess piece is Kinger, the ribbon girl is Gangle, and finally we have Zooble." she says to you, and everyone waves slightly at you. Zooble isn't exactly interested it seems, but they're at least nicer then Jax. "NOW THAT YOU KNOW EVERYONE, WHAT ABOUT YOUR NAME DEAR?" Caine exclaims, and when you try to answer, you can't seem to remember...great. You don't even know your own name!? "That's alright, no one can remember their name once they enter the digital circus!! The only thing I DON'T have control over is your minds, so I can only help you come up with a new one!!" with that, he summoned a name generator and pulled the crank. "Alright, what do you think of...Y/N?" he said, to which you just nodded. "Yeah, sure, whatever..." you groaned, having a killer headache. This shit sucked. Ragatha offered to show you to your room, and you agreed, only to get pissed off when you see your room is right next to Jax's. Just great...

A/N: first chapter completed!! You will see your room next chapter, its just hella late for me rn and wattpad literally deleted half of this so I had to rewrite it all ToT but I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!! I'll see yall in the next one, stay safe out there my darlings!!!