Chapter 6: Lake Day!!

Your POV
After everything that happened yesterday, Rags suggested we all go down to the lake for just a day of fun a relaxing. I loved the idea!! I always loved the water, and I've actually just gone down to the lake by myself many times just to have some time to myself. I mainly went at night, and I talked to the moon. She was a great listener, and very sweet. But while I was ecstatic about our lake trip, Jax wasn't so thrilled. And he didn't hide it either. "Do we HAVE to do the lake!?! Why can't we do the amusement park!?" He whined, his ears drooping from how upset he was. "Because the rest of us want to go to the lake!! Besides, it's more relaxing, which is gonna be better for Pomni." Ragatha retorted, and I just rolled my eyes and smiled softly at the pouty rabbit. "Ugh, FINE!! but I'm NOT getting in the water!!" He agreed, going to his room and slamming his door. He never liked water, but I didn't know why. Maybe Rags did? I figured I'd ask her later. I went to my room and got ready, and when I opened my door, Jax was standing outside. He was wearing pink swim trunks and a pink and white flower-print shirt. Honestly, it was pretty cute. "You ready, Sweetheart?" He asked, smirking as always. "You bet! Let's go!!" I beamed, and he rolled his eyes and followed. The whole group got to the lake, and I immediately jumped into the lake. "Woohoo!! Guys, this is great, come on!!" I sang, and Ragatha laughed before getting in as well, followed by Zooble and Gangle. Kinger and Pomni sat at the edge, Pomni dangling her feet in the water. Jax stood pretty far from the lake, his ears drooping as he stared at the water, his pupils shrinking. He seemed a bit nervous? I had to ask Rags if she knew anything. "Hey Rags, why doesn't Jax like water? Do you know?" I questioned Ragatha, who had a sort of sad expression as she shook her head. "No, I don't dear, sorry. Maybe he just can't swim? I never asked him, it never really came up until today actually." She replied, and I nodded, going back to enjoying the water. "I know he can swim, but he freaks out if ever put in water. I only know cause he fell in the lake when we were both new here, and I helped him out of it. But he never told me why he hated it so much, sorry Y/N." Zooble added. I nodded, worried about him. "I uh...I'm gonna go talk to him. I'll be back." I remarked, getting out of the lake and going over to Jax, smiling softly. "Hey Bunny. You ok over here?" I inquired, and he looked down at me, scoffing a bit. "Yeah, I'm fine sweetheart. Go back to the water, I know how much you like it." He answered, avoiding eye contact with me. "Eh, I'd rather be here right now. Is there...a reason you don't like the lake?" I continued questioning him, and he groaned, crossing his arms and looking at me. "Why do you care?" He barked, being very defensive about it. I frowned slightly and replied, "Because we're friends." He rolled his eyes and looked away from me, retorting, "well it's none of your business, sweetheart. I'm fine, don't worry about it." I nodded, accepting he just didn't wanna tell me. I smiled softly and told him, "alright, you don't gotta tell me. But I'm here for you, alright?" He rolled his eyes but nodded, and I just sat down near him; he sat down as well, playing with the buttons on his shirt. He was obviously annoyed, he just didn't want to be here. I smiled softly and took his hand in mine, squeezing it gently. He looked at me, clearly confused, but didn't take his hand away. "Tell ya what. How about we go to the amusement park together another day, to make up for today. Ok?" I offered, smiling softly at him. He laughed and smiled back, replying, "yknow what, yeah. That sounds nice." After talking to him for about an hour, I went back to the lake, and after a few hours we all went back to the tent. Everyone but Jax had to dry off, as even Kinger got in the lake for a little bit at some point, so Jax just went straight to his room while we sat in the common area to dry off. Even though we wished he'd stay, none of us stopped him. He wasn't exactly happy even being near the lake, so he needed time to just go cool off. I sighed softly and rustled my hair in a towel to dry it, Rags and Pomni doing the same thing. Zooble and Kinger just wrapped their towels around themselves, and after we dried off we all went to our rooms. I sighed happily as I flopped on my bed, cuddling the plushie Jax had pranked me with, drifting off to sleep.
A/N: hey guys!! Sorry for not updating for the past few days, I got busy with college, a LOT of papers to do right now, and honestly didn't really know what I wanted to do for this chapter. But I hope yall liked it, and I'll see you guys in the next one!! Stay safe out there my darlings!!