chapter 9: Zooble's Garden

Your POV
Zooble and I are in their garden, cleaning up and setting up a little picnic for Pomni and Ragatha’s date later. I always love being in Zooble’s garden, it’s just so peaceful and calming here. They were even nice enough to plant my favorite flowers when I told them I liked them! They take really good care of their garden, and it really shows in the vibrant colors of all the plants. I was tending to a rose bush, clipping some of the roses so Ragatha could have a bouquet for Pomni. I’m really happy for them…I wish I had the courage to ask Jax out the way Ragatha is doing Pomni…but he’d never like me like that. We might be friends, sure, but he’s never cared for anyone much. And I don’t seem to be any different. I was so lost in my own thoughts, I guess I didn’t hear Zooble talking to me until they shouted, “Y/N!!” I jumped and looked up to see them right next to me, their arms crossed and a concerned look in their eyes. “Sorry Zooble…what’s up?” I asked, laughing nervously. “Dude, are you ok? I called your name at least 5 times before you finally noticed.” They explained, seeming a bit annoyed but mainly just confused and worried. I blushed lightly and sighed, “y-yeah, I’m fine, don’t worry. Just…thinking I guess.” “about?” They inquired, raising one brow questioningly. I replied softly, “do you…do you think Jax could ever like me?” I teared up a bit, feeling the water welling up in my eyes. They sighed happily and smiled a bit. “Well, I've known Jax for a while now Y/N. He's never really liked anyone…aside from Rags for a while. but he treats you differently. Nicer and sweeter. He actually...tries with you. I think its about time you ask him about it. The worst he can say is no, and maybe tease you a bit.” They told me, and I blushed, smiling softly. “Yeah…you're right. Thanks Zooble.” I said cheerfully. Tomorrow. I'll ask him out tomorrow for sure.

A/N: hey guys!! I know I haven't updated in like, a month, and I'm sorry about that!! I know this chapter is short, but honestly I didn't know how I wanted to do this one, and this is the best I could come up with TwT but I'll try to do the next chapter within the next week or two!! I'm kind of running out of ideas for this fic, but if you have any lmk!! See yall later, stay safe out there