Chapter 10: Confessions

Your POV

I paced around my room nervously, Ragatha sitting on my bed as she tried to calm my nerves. Pomni was sat next to her, leaning her head against Ragatha's shoulder, and Rags placed a gentle kiss to the top of Pomni's head, causing Pomni to smile ever so softly. A soft pink was evident on both of their cheeks, and I couldn't be more happy for them. I had already talked to Jax earlier that day, and we agreed to go to the amusement park together. And I had never been more nervous for something in my life.

"Y/N, you're gonna be fine!! The worst he can say is no, and I doubt he will!" Ragatha affirmed, and I whined back, "but what if he DOES say no!?! I really like him Rags!!" she chuckled and got up, rubbing my back to comfort me. I sighed nervously and hugged her, and she continued to laugh softly, which concerned me a bit. "Why are you laughing!?!" I complained, and she let out a long sigh to calm herself down. "I-It's nothing hun, don't worry. Now sit down so we can do your hair!!" she asserted, and so I did, laughing softly. This world definitely isn't ideal, but I'm glad I got these new friends out of it. After about 30 minutes, the two were done braiding my long, curly h/c hair, putting little f/c bows on the ends. "So, what do you think!?" Rags announced, proud of her work. I giggled and smiled, replying, "it looks beautiful, thanks you two." they smiled back and Rags stood up, pushing me towards my bedroom door. "No problem Sunshine, now go!! Knock 'em dead!!" she declared. I laughed and playfully pushed her off of me, exclaiming, "alright, alright! I'm going! Thanks again!!" and with that, I went to go find that periwinkle rabbit.

Jax's POV

I walked down the hallway to find Y/N, messing with my ears nervously. Zooble helped me clean up a little bit, and also calm down, but I could still feel my heart beating out of my chest. The worst they can say is no...right? I shake my head and continue walking slowly, hoping I can at least stall a little bit. I've only ever liked Rags like this, and even she wasn't so extreme...I don't even know what I'll say to Y/N. 'hey, sorry I bullied you for so long, I'm actually obsessed with you, please go out with me?" I sound fucking crazy!! I blush heavily and tug at my ears, groaning and punching the wall in frustration. But before I can continue, I hear that sweet, honey-like voice invade my ears. "Jax? are you ok?" Y/N mutters softly, and I look up to glance them. God damn, they look gorgeous I can't help but think to myself. That color (your f/c) looks incredible on them. I blush heavily and stutter as I try to speak. "Y-Y/N!! Yeah, I-I'm good, great even!! And wow...you look incredible." I manage to spit out, and they smile softly as they blush as well. "Th-thank you...so do you." they say, and I chuckle a bit. "Thanks. So, wanna get going?" I asked, and they nodded, so we left the tent and made our way to the amusement park. I saw a small red flower on the ground as we walked and smiled a bit, picking it and handing it to Y/N. they blushed and smiled, taking it and gently putting it in their hair. "Thank you Jax!" they said happily, and I chuckled, replying, "no problem Darling." they blushed at the nickname, but didn't say anything about it. It didn't take us long to get to the amusement park, and it was around dusk when we got there. Y/N laughed and practically dragged me to the roller coaster, which made me laugh as well. We went on it, and I could tell they were really enjoying themselves. And so was I. I haven't felt this happy since...well, I honestly couldn't remember. For a few hours, we went on all the rides, some even multiple times cause Y/N just liked them so much. By the time it was nightfall, and the moon illuminated the sky, we found ourselves on the ferris wheel. We were silent for a bit, just sitting in the cart at the top of the attraction, until we both tried to talk at the same time. "Jax/Y/N, I have something-" we both said in unison, and we laughed, both of us stuttering, blushing messes. "Y-you first." I offered, and they shook their head. "No, y-you go." they retorted. "...at the same time?" I offered, and they nodded. "alright...3...2...1...I really like you!!" we both said, and we just stared at each other for a few seconds. "Y-you really mean it?" they said first, and I chuckled, nodding. "I'm a lot of things sweetheart, but a liar ain't one of 'em." I replied, and they laughed before holding my cheek softly. I blushed before smiling, leaning into their hand. I can't believe I really did it!! "So...are we dating now?" I asked, and they laughed before saying, "of course we are, dummy."

 A/N: hey guys!! sorry this chapter took SOOOOOO long, I honestly lost motivation to continue writing this story. I don't know if I'll put out many more chapters, if any at all, as I'm fresh out of ideas for this fic. if you have any suggestions to continue this fic, or for another one, feel free to let me know!! thats all for now, stay safe out there you guys!!