17| 𝑭𝒓𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒅 𝑩𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒔

Only a handful of us lingered in the expansive pool area, the evening air laden with a subtle chill that had driven most indoors

Only a handful of us lingered in the expansive pool area, the evening air laden with a subtle chill that had driven most indoors. Unlike the others who sought refuge from the cool breeze, I paid no heed to the temperature; the allure of the water, coupled with its comforting warmth, was my sanctuary. Leaning casually against the pool's edge, I observed the playful antics of my companions as they engaged in spirited revelry.

Amidst the laughter and splashes, the scene took an unexpected turn when a sudden wave crashed over me, and my gaze met the determined expression of Jungkook. A hint of disappointment flashed across my face, evident in my response to his intrusion.

"Can I help you?" I inquired, my words carrying a mixture of curiosity and exasperation.With an assertiveness that trapped me between his presence and the pool's enclosing wall, Jungkook addressed the underlying tension between us.

 "Yes, I think it is about time you stop hating me," he declared, his hands framing my form.

In a defiant retort, I defended my stance. "I'll get over it when you stop acting like a complete ass," I shot back, the intensity of our exchange palpable in the confined space.

He attempted to shift blame onto me, asserting, "You seem to put all of this on me, but partly you're also in the wrong."

A surge of frustration emanated from me as I countered, "Are you serious right now? You are the one that changed, not me. I tried to stick by you, be there for you, but you made it impossible for me to do, Jeon Jungkook."

The weight of our severed friendship weighed heavily on my words. It wasn't a hasty decision; I had endured his transformation from a close confidant to a distant figure who treated me callously, mirroring the disdain he showed to others.

"Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better," he dismissively responded, a gesture that further fueled my vexation.

"What the hell does that mean? I tried, but in the end, you just started treating me like everyone else," I voiced, my irritation escalating.

With an air of indifference, he waved off the conversation, declaring, "It doesn't matter! Forget it," before swimming away, leaving me perplexed and infuriated.

Fed up with the confrontation, I propelled myself out of the pool, seizing my clothes, and retreated indoors. The sting of dampness clung to my skin as I found solace in a towel, hastily drying myself and changing into spare underwear stowed away in my bag. The camaraderie that once defined our friendship was replaced with resentment, motivating me to embark on a quest for solace in the form of another drink.

Determined to drown my frustrations, I sought refuge in a group engaged in a game of 'never have I ever.' This, I decided, would be my remedy – an elixir to wash away the irritation provoked by Jungkook's actions. That jackass wasn't going to spoil my night; I was resolved to embrace the liberation that only a night of revelry could provide.

As the liquid courage flowed through the circles of camaraderie, I immersed myself in the lively game of 'never have I ever.' Each revelation and subsequent sip from my cup became a symbolic purge, a cleansing ritual to rid myself of the lingering resentment Jungkook had instigated. The dimly lit room echoed with laughter, drowning out the lingering echoes of our heated exchange by the pool.

The alcohol acted as a buffer, numbing the sharp edges of my emotions. In the midst of the revelry, I found solace in the company of those who, unlike Jungkook, welcomed me without conditions. The clinking of glasses and animated chatter became a comforting symphony, temporarily drowning out the dissonance that had marked my encounter with him.

Yet, amid the fleeting distractions, a sobering reality persisted. The fractured bond with Jungkook lingered, an unresolved tension weighing down the festivities. I couldn't escape the echoes of our friendship, now reduced to fragments scattered in the wake of our confrontation.As the night progressed, the intensity of the game escalated, mirroring the emotional turbulence within me. Each revelation and toast became a cathartic release, a means to distance myself from the tangled web of emotions that threatened to ensnare my thoughts. The room pulsated with energy, a chaotic dance of emotions that mirrored the ebb and flow of my own internal struggle.

With every passing moment, the alcohol's numbing effect began to blur the edges of reality. The boundary between the vibrant present and the unresolved past became increasingly indistinct. I reveled in the moment, allowing the rhythm of the night to carry me away from the tumultuous encounter at the pool.

In the haze of laughter and confessions, I found a fleeting sense of liberation. Yet, beneath the surface, the unresolved conflict with Jungkook lingered, a shadow that refused to be fully dispelled. As the night wore on, I couldn't shake the nagging feeling that, despite my best efforts, the ripple effect of our fractured friendship would continue to shape the contours of the days to come.

 As the night wore on, I couldn't shake the nagging feeling that, despite my best efforts, the ripple effect of our fractured friendship would continue to shape the contours of the days to come

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

Enjoying the story?
Follow me on Instagram
@_girl.imaqueen_
for exclusive behind-the-scenes content, updates on new chapters, and more! Let's connect beyond the pages.
See you there!