30 | 𝑫𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆, 𝑫𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒂, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑫𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

I briskly entered Aesira's room, encouraging her to hasten her preparations

" Hurry the fuck up, Kang Aesira !!!! We don't got all day !" 

"I've just arrived, and unless you back off, you'll find yourself walking all the way to your grandmother's house," Aesira sharply retorts.

Her parents and Nari departed roughly half an hour earlier. While the plan was for us to follow suit, Aesira's lingering actions were testing my patience, causing an unexpected delay.

"We should have been on the road half an hour ago," I groan, the weight of time pressing on my nerves.

"Well, maybe if you hadn't decided to hog the shower for an eternity, we would have been long gone by now," she snaps back, her frustration palpable.

I roll my eyes at the accusation. I wasn't in the shower for that extended period; she's clearly exaggerating, adding a dramatic flair to the blame game. The tension in the room grows, fueled by the ticking clock and our delayed departure.

After what feels like an eternity, I hear the telltale creak of the staircase, signaling Aesira's descent. Her small case drags behind her, a testament to her preparation for what seems like an extended expedition. I can't help but raise an eyebrow at the size of her luggage; it's only a couple of days, after all. But then again, girls will be girls, and packing habits can be mysterious.

"Finally!" I exclaim, relief evident in my voice.

Aesira shoots me a glare, the unspoken message clear, before deftly maneuvering around me and heading outside. I follow suit, lugging my own belongings to the car, the weight of anticipation hanging in the air.

As we both load our stuff into the car, there's a brief moment of synchronized activity. The doors slam shut, and we find ourselves seated in the confined space of the vehicle.

"Let's get this over with," Aesira whines, a sentiment I share but don't vocalize. With that, she takes charge, starting the engine and guiding us onto the road, the journey unfolding with a mix of reluctance and the promise of an impending destination.

"Can we make a pit stop for some food and coffee, please?" I inquire, the plea laced with the urgency of an empty stomach and the need for caffeine.

"Yeah, sure," she replies nonchalantly, seemingly unaware of the impending storm that could brew within the confines of our car.

Neither of us had the luxury of time for breakfast, and the prospect of hitting the road with Aesira, deprived of sustenance and her essential caffeine fix, sends shivers down my spine. I know from experience that a hungry Aesira can be a force to be reckoned with, teetering on the edge of crankiness and potential chaos. The promise of a brief pause for nourishment becomes not just a request for food but a strategic move to ensure a smoother journey ahead.

"If you trust me to take the wheel of your car, I could handle the driving for the rest of the way," I suggest, eyeing the road ahead.

"No, I think I'll stick to driving," she responds, a hint of skepticism in her tone. "I know what you drive like," she adds with a shake of her head.

While I do have the capability to drive, I've chosen the path of motorcycles, given my less-than-stellar track record with cars. My mother, tired of constant repairs or purchasing new cars, nudged me towards two wheels instead of four.

"Hey, I was just trying to help," I interject, raising my hands in a placating gesture.

"Help? You on the wheel? That's a disaster waiting to happen."

"I promise I've improved," I retort with a confident smirk.

She smirks back, "Not taking any chances. Let's just enjoy the drive without any vehicular chaos, okay?"

"Deal," I agree, and as we continue our journey, occasional banter lightens the mood, creating a temporary escape from the road until we finally reach our eagerly anticipated destination.

 A small chuckle escapes Aesira, a rare sign of amusement. It's a relief to get even a small laugh from her. I offer a genuine smile and recline in the seat, deciding it's best to behave and not push my luck until we reach our much-needed destination for food and coffee.

 I offer a genuine smile and recline in the seat, deciding it's best to behave and not push my luck until we reach our much-needed destination for food and coffee

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

Enjoying the story?
Follow me on Instagram
@_girl.imaqueen_
for exclusive behind-the-scenes content, updates on new chapters, and more! Let's connect beyond the pages.
See you there!